5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can uconnect display speed from gps?

Jonz

Reaction score
So I just found out that our uconnect can give latitude, longitude, and elevation from the GPS system. But I was wondering during if it could also show the vehicle speed aswell. I recently changed my tires from the Bridgestone stock tires to yokohama geolander tires. I kept the same size but I suspect when I drive 60mph i'm not actually doing 60mph. I'm just wondering if there's a way for the GPS to confirm if my speedometer is actually correct.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Download waze. It uses your phones GPS. I run it all the time

That worked out great. Thanks.
Just to note that if you are using Waze on iPhone via CarPlay, it is actually the other way around- the truck’s gps is being used, not the phone’s native gps. This is the same with the other map apps- whenever the phone is plugged in, and CarPlay is used, the truck gps takes over, and the phone’s gps is not used.

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I just found out that our uconnect can give latitude, longitude, and elevation from the GPS system. But I was wondering during if it could also show the vehicle speed aswell. I recently changed my tires from the Bridgestone stock tires to yokohama geolander tires. I kept the same size but I suspect when I drive 60mph i'm not actually doing 60mph. I'm just wondering if there's a way for the GPS to confirm if my speedometer is actually correct.

What page do you find Lat / Long in Uconnect?

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
What page do you find Lat / Long in Uconnect?

I never noticed Lat/Long in any of the base pages of UConnect 4, but I did notice Lat/Long and altitude displayed near the bottom of the Off-Road Pages after I added them using AlfaOBD.

a5fb228ce11837c79152105fdcd958e9.jpg

GoTide

Reaction score
How do you like those Geolandars?

2021dodger4m

Reaction score
Just to note that if you are using Waze on iPhone via CarPlay, it is actually the other way around- the truck’s gps is being used, not the phone’s native gps. This is the same with the other map apps- whenever the phone is plugged in, and CarPlay is used, the truck gps takes over, and the phone’s gps is not used.

you learn something new everyday.

Users who are viewing this thread