5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Tow Mode Canera and 360° Surround Trailer Camera options be combined?

Reaction score
My 2022 RAM 1500 Limited came with the new 360° surround camera system for towing plus the kit of four camera (but no 5th Tow Mode camera). I understand through various forum postings that the Surround Camera system cuts your camera view above 8mph and it also doesn’t show you the rear view in the digital mirror. I think I read that only the Tow Mode Camera option shows in the rear view mirror.

If that is all correct, then my question is: can I acquire a 5th Tow Mode camera so that I have the benefits of seeing behind the tow vehicle while towing at freeway speed? I have attached a pic of my bumper so you can see the four connection plugs I have. Not sure which of these, if any, the Tow Mode camera would connect to. I do have the Digital Mirror option, and the attached window sticker makes no mention of a Tow Mode camera, only the 4-camera Trailer Surround camera system kit the truck came with.

Attachments

• 818D0F2F-339E-47C4-AC3C-592D8BD2464E.jpeg
    818D0F2F-339E-47C4-AC3C-592D8BD2464E.jpeg
    176.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 2022 RAM 1500 Limited Window Sticker.pdf
    96.7 KB · Views: 12

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought that was what the Cargo Camera was for in the Third Brake Light.

Malodave

Users who are viewing this thread