5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I hear your Borla Atak?!

Calanis

Reaction score
Anybody in the Houston area care to let me hear your Borla Atak? I’m torn on S Type vs Atak. I want the Atak just fear how loud it might be in the truck. I spend a lot of time on the phone and that’s my main concern. Too many mixed reviews.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody in the Houston area care to let me hear your Borla Atak? I’m torn on S Type vs Atak. I want the Atak just fear how loud it might be in the truck. I spend a lot of time on the phone and that’s my main concern. Too many mixed reviews.
It's not loud at all inside the truck unless you are gunning it while accelerating. Even light acceleration isn't enough to disrupt a phone call. My Kenda Klever M/T tires make more noise when cruising than the Borla ATAK.

Accessory.Parts

Reaction score
Agreed 100% with what HSKR said.

What area of Houston are you in? Let me check with a few friends that have it and see if they'd be willing to let you hear theirs. Also when you're ready to order hit me up! We offer the best pricing on Borla Exhaust anywhere!

Calanis

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I’m primarily in Cypress/Spring area but willing to drive to them if not too far. Just so many mixed reviews. I have the 3.92 rear end too so idles a little higher not sure how much difference that could make.

Accessory.Parts

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I’m primarily in Cypress/Spring area but willing to drive to them if not too far. Just so many mixed reviews. I have the 3.92 rear end too so idles a little higher not sure how much difference that could make.
Ok awesome, I'm (Andrew responding now) on the North Side near BW8 and 45. Let me see who I have around this area that has one.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is 3.92 as well. I don't have any videos from inside the truck. You can have a normal conversation without raising voice. My wife approves and she is very critical of loud exhausts after my last car that you almost had to yell at the person in other seat to talk to them, and kids hated riding in the back.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As long as the exhaust is going all the way out the end phone calls won't be an issue. I had my cutout dumped right under the middle of the passenger compartment and people could barely hear the exhaust unless I jumped on it. Then I had the whole mid pipe out for a couple weeks. It was hard to hear people on the phone, but they still didn't have a problem hearing me although they could hear the exhaust then.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's very loud.
Not sure what other systems are as loud or louder.

It sounds good.
It sounds like a truck not a racecar.

Sometimes hearing people can be hard if you are getting on an onramp for the highway but regular driving it's fine.

The ANC system on the microphone results in people not hearing the exhaust (I do a lot of conference calls in my truck)

1000% worth it. I got mine for this Ram used for around $500.
I would of spent $1600 on it if I needed to though.

Here is a video by Borla that shows each one on our trucks, it's pretty accurate.

ramhouston

Reaction score
Agreed 100% with what HSKR said.

What area of Houston are you in? Let me check with a few friends that have it and see if they'd be willing to let you hear theirs. Also when you're ready to order hit me up! We offer the best pricing on Borla Exhaust anywhere!
what kind of pricing??

Calanis

Reaction score
It's very loud.
Not sure what other systems are as loud or louder.

It sounds good.
It sounds like a truck not a racecar.

Sometimes hearing people can be hard if you are getting on an onramp for the highway but regular driving it's fine.

The ANC system on the microphone results in people not hearing the exhaust (I do a lot of conference calls in my truck)

1000% worth it. I got mine for this Ram used for around $500.
I would of spent $1600 on it if I needed to though.

Here is a video by Borla that shows each one on our trucks, it's pretty accurate.
Yeah I’ve watched that Borla video more times than I can count but still not the same as being in the truck and hearing it.

Louhound88

Reaction score
Between S type and Atak you won't really find much difference in loudness. Both are "loud" but not unbearably so. Just the S type is more of a deep "truck" type tone while the Atak has more rasp to it.

I went with S Type but got used to the volume fairly quickly. Then started wishing I went Atak to have more rasp and pop to it. And then again, if you're riding with someone that doesn't like loud noises you can just go easy on it. Its loud when you want it to be.

I too watched that video over and over and hearing the S Type in person really gives a different impression. Idle isn't too loud, though cold starts do get loud but settle out quickly. And driving around town or on the highway at a constant speed you really don't notice it. But the acceleration is where it'll get loud pretty quick. But again you'll get used to it quick.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Love the op’s plan to hear it in person. Online is hard to judge. Curious how the GT exhaust compares as I’d like a system and have heard the GT in person. I really liked how it sounded.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Love the op’s plan to hear it in person. Online is hard to judge. Curious how the GT exhaust compares as I’d like a system and have heard the GT in person. I really liked how it sounded.
I've heard that the GT exhaust is a Borla kit with resonators

Louhound88

Reaction score
I recall hearing that too. Any idea which version?
I've heard the GT in person and to me it sounds closer to an S Type tone wise. It doesn't have the same volume that the S type has but it's tone is pretty similar.

Users who are viewing this thread