5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can i add ambient lighting to a 2021 BH

Hdean1989

Reaction score
Is it possible to add ambient lighting To the floor and to the dash of a 2021 big horn?

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Yes technically you can, but to me it seems like quite a lot of work. It’s something I really want to do but I just don’t think it’s worth it

Hdean1989

Reaction score
Yes technically you can, but to me it seems like quite a lot of work. It’s something I really want to do but I just don’t think it’s worth it
I'm thinking maybe just the floor lighting. It's just so dark lol

J-barcarp

54 year old teenager
Site Supporter
Reaction score

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do they go on automatigicaly when the factory interior lights go on?

or does the remote mess that up?
I tied the power wire for the lights into my headlight switch. So whenever the headlights are on, the lights come on. I can also turn them off manually with the remote / switch if I don't want them on at night. But I have mine set to blue which I think looks real good at night.

J-barcarp

54 year old teenager
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Im surprised there isn't anything already there. I never really paid attention to it but I believe my 21 BTS already has a light under the dash in each foot well that comes on when the headlights are on. It's only a dim or soft white so it's not distracting while driving but it's enough to see the floor.

J-barcarp

54 year old teenager
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Package arrived….went out to truck to install…
Well it didnt work out like i thought it would.
i crawled under the dash to run the wires, and i cant see squat.
i forgot how ****ty my eyes have gotten.
My Glasses just dont work in that position.
for now, i give up.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Im surprised there isn't anything already there. I never really paid attention to it but I believe my 21 BTS already has a light under the dash in each foot well that comes on when the headlights are on. It's only a dim or soft white so it's not distracting while driving but it's enough to see the floor.
Ya, my BTS has them too. I just wanted blue lights but didn't want to pay the $200 for that kit that you can change out the factory LEDs for the blue LEDs. $12 and an hour or two of my time achieved the same results.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ya, my BTS has them too. I just wanted blue lights but didn't want to pay the $200 for that kit that you can change out the factory LEDs for the blue LEDs. $12 and an hour or two of my time achieved the same results.
I tied the power wire for the lights into my headlight switch. So whenever the headlights are on, the lights come on. I can also turn them off manually with the remote / switch if I don't want them on at night. But I have mine set to blue which I think looks real good at night.
thats how i did my;);)

Users who are viewing this thread