5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camper shells for rambox

srrufner

Reaction score
I have a 2020 ram 1500 with the rambox in the 5'7" bed. I have seen the thread on here asking about how guys are getting camper shells on these trucks while still being able to use the rambox and have seen the video with the gray ram 2500 using the topperezlift, which is what I want to use. My question is if anyone has placed a shell on them yet? If so what year and or model truck did you take it off from if it isnt new? I know that the fitment on a used shell may not be perfect, but I really dont want to spend 2200 for a new shell. Plus all of the manufacturers are telling me that they dont make one for the rambox beds. Would a shell for a regular 5'7" bed fit the same bed with the rambox? The front of the bed is wider than the rear so I assume its goign to have to be a shell built for a ram truck, I just wonder if any of the earlier generations of rams were built this way as well. Any info you guys could provide would be great.

trex827

Reaction score
I have a 2020 ram 1500 with the rambox in the 5'7" bed. I have seen the thread on here asking about how guys are getting camper shells on these trucks while still being able to use the rambox and have seen the video with the gray ram 2500 using the topperezlift, which is what I want to use. My question is if anyone has placed a shell on them yet? If so what year and or model truck did you take it off from if it isnt new? I know that the fitment on a used shell may not be perfect, but I really dont want to spend 2200 for a new shell. Plus all of the manufacturers are telling me that they dont make one for the rambox beds. Would a shell for a regular 5'7" bed fit the same bed with the rambox? The front of the bed is wider than the rear so I assume its goign to have to be a shell built for a ram truck, I just wonder if any of the earlier generations of rams were built this way as well. Any info you guys could provide would be great.

Did you ever come up with a solution for this? I've got a 2019, need more room for all wife's suitcases while on the road.

Gex2501

Reaction score
I too would like to find a solution. Has anyone had any luck? Some kind of soft or easy to remove option would be great for the few times I need to carry something large.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MantaRay67

Reaction score
An ingenious team at a truck shop in a St. Petersburg, RU came up with this solution.
RamBox Topper in Russia
I reached out to them to see if they would consider building me one and shipping it back (as they purchase the doner top from here.).
I've also sent a query to 3 manufacturers without a reply (ARE, RLD Design, and RSI)
I'll post if I ever get a response. There is a huge community of RamBox owners and if a single manufacture could commercialize this exceptional concept, they would corner the market. I'm hopeful that RSI might consider it as their modular RSI Smart Cap seems the most viable

Users who are viewing this thread