5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camper Shell/Topper

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking for a topper to match my truck. What toppers are y’all running?

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a LEER 122 High Rise Model with Windoors. It is tall at 90 inches at standard ride height.
If you are Close to the LEER factory outlet in Milton PA, I would suggest getting it from the Factory.
Saved me around $800.

Malodave

2021RAMLaramie-LEER-122_1.jpg

2021RAMLaramie-LEER-122_2.jpg

2021RAMLaramie-LEER-122_3.jpg

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am currently not running one but will be getting one next year in preparation for my solo expedition up Dalton Highway in Alaska. I am planning to do GFC because it is the only camper that is built to withstand high speed desert runs and remain sub $10K
It has options of either just the camper shell or camper shell + RTT that pass through.

Here are some GFC install pictures: Customer Installs & Builds

charles3ct

Reaction score
I have a black 2019 Laramie - Crew cab wih the 67" bed, that I have had since new. Ordered a bed topper for it today for it. I spent some time calling around to find a descent deal.
One thing I recommend is to go to a distrubuter that sales volume. Selling these things seems to not be the primary business for a lot of companies that are dealers. Hence they probably do not get as good a discount as those that sell a lot of them. I had almost a $1K delta in price between two dealers - I will drive a few hours away to save $1,000.

I will get some picts once it comes in.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
I went with the Snugtop GB sport has a nice look with the pop out windows and spoiler with LED top brake light. They matched the color perfectly.

My only regret is that I did not get the front folding window as it is impossible to clean the rear cab and front shell glass.

Attachments

• 70413216300__EAB03C4D-5186-4398-8593-5A241A21FD7A.jpeg
    70413216300__EAB03C4D-5186-4398-8593-5A241A21FD7A.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 82

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a black 2019 Laramie - Crew cab wih the 67" bed, that I have had since new. Ordered a bed topper for it today for it. I spent some time calling around to find a descent deal.
One thing I recommend is to go to a distrubuter that sales volume. Selling these things seems to not be the primary business for a lot of companies that are dealers. Hence they probably do not get as good a discount as those that sell a lot of them. I had almost a $1K delta in price between two dealers - I will drive a few hours away to save $1,000.

I will get some picts once it comes in.
I went to the LEER Factory Outlet in Milton PA. Saved about $800-$1000 on my LEER 122.

Malodave

Attachments

• 2021RAMLaramie-LEER-122_2.jpg
    2021RAMLaramie-LEER-122_2.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 2021RAMLaramie-LEER-122_3.jpg
    2021RAMLaramie-LEER-122_3.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 17

Cookieman

Reaction score
I went with the Snugtop GB sport has a nice look with the pop out windows and spoiler with LED top brake light. They matched the color perfectly.

My only regret is that I did not get the front folding window as it is impossible to clean the rear cab and front shell glass.
I think that is the best looking cap available. Do you have any pictures of the rear glass and tailgate?

Dogboyslim

Reaction score
Leer XQ.
Very nice, no complaints. View attachment 156751
Were you able to have this installed with the OEM corner brackets or did you use the Right-On Brackets? This is the exact top I'm looking for, but hadn't seen confirmation that it would work with the MFT. I'm assuming you have to open the glass to open the tailgate for either normal or swing operation? Thanks!

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Were you able to have this installed with the OEM corner brackets or did you use the Right-On Brackets? This is the exact top I'm looking for, but hadn't seen confirmation that it would work with the MFT. I'm assuming you have to open the glass to open the tailgate for either normal or swing operation? Thanks!
They make it specifically to work with the factory brackets.
There are cutouts that go around the factory brackets.

Make sure they document and order one made for the MFT.

Yes, have to open glass

Last edited:

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
1696327039406.png

I like to party too.
I just picked this camper up this weekend, but I don't know what brand it is or any other info on it. I was looking for a model number also to get a key for it. I'm also looking for a good ideas of getting constant power for a switch panel for lights. Any help would be appreciated.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can pull power from the 7 pin trailer hookup. get a Curt connector so you don't cut into the stock wiring.

Malodave

Bobbybob

Reaction score
Running a Snug Top here too with sport windows (swing up and slides). Have been very happy with it and have used it camping quite a bit. This is an older pic...just bent my right step on a Boulder this weekend. LOL.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 6.21.07 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 6.21.07 AM.png
    826.4 KB · Views: 55

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
Running a Snug Top here too with sport windows (swing up and slides). Have been very happy with it and have used it camping quite a bit. This is an older pic...just bent my right step on a Boulder this weekend. LOL.
Is my camper a snug top also? They look like the same.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 168511

I like to party too.
I just picked this camper up this weekend, but I don't know what brand it is or any other info on it. I was looking for a model number also to get a key for it. I'm also looking for a good ideas of getting constant power for a switch panel for lights. Any help would be appreciated.
no idea regarding the cap but for switch panel, assuming for lighting inside the cap, you can do what I did:
Run a 8g power to the back with a 60A circuit breaker from Blue Sea Systems so you can switch it off.
I used a 50cal ammo can from Harbor Freight as housing for my power distribution box, inside I have Blue Sea Grounded Fuse Block and Blue Sea Bus Bar. I also cut the side of the ammo can and installed a 6 switch Nitelite switch there. I then managed to stuff a Renogy Solar Controller in there as well as a 12v ciggy plug too. I then drilled holes for mounting and for wires to pass through, then silicone it all. I mounted the box to my bed rail sitting on top of my Decked Drawer. Lights and stuff all went through that box.

For your case, you can skip the ammo can, just use a sheet of plywood and attach everything there since you don't need to worry about exposure to element. Just make the wiring clean following the same procedures.

see this post for bed lights at work
see this post for what I was talking about:

BoxerguyT89

Reaction score
I have a Softopper on mine. It has been great for the ~5000 miles I have had it. No leaks, and the convenience of being able to remove it or fold it back in a couple of minutes is pretty nice.

Users who are viewing this thread