5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Delay not working

knelso4

Reaction score
If I go into settins and remove the checkmark then put it back on for Camera Delay, it works as expected. (After changing from Reverse to Drive, the camera comes on for 10 seconds) After some unknown period of time, it stops working even though the checkmark is still there. Remove and re-check, and it works again. Clearly a software problem. Is it known, and does anyone know when a fix will be provided? Do I need to contact Service to diagnose something so obvious?

Also, is there any way to actually get suggestions to be considered? The front camera should stay active until the speed defined for surround view is reached, not just for 10 seconds. Occasionally, slow maneuvering -- or waiting for someone standing in my parking space! -- takes longer than the 10 seconds. I don't see any reason for a time delay on this option, but speed control when surround camera is activated.

UConnect is up to date.

Itzever

Reaction score
I’m having the same issue, please keep us posted if you find a solution.

knelso4

Reaction score
Can't comment on the camera, but you can contact them through here, I made a suggestion as well... took a bit for them to respond

https://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/mopar/EmailPage.html
The email goes to the customer support center, which is only Q&A. I got a response explaining how the system "should" work, but didn't address the problem or whether it was known. I called, and was told they don't have access to a database of problems, and are only there to provide assistance with understanding how things work. I'll have to wait for the first visit to the dealer, and predict they won't know anything.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The email goes to the customer support center, which is only Q&A. I got a response explaining how the system "should" work, but didn't address the problem or whether it was known. I called, and was told they don't have access to a database of problems, and are only there to provide assistance with understanding how things work. I'll have to wait for the first visit to the dealer, and predict they won't know anything.

Odd, I made a suggestions and was told it was documented and forwarded....

knelso4

Reaction score
Took the truck in for first service (and recall due to ground terminal). No fix available, but said miscellaneous fixes were being worked on. They had no idea whether this was even a known problem. Not impressed....

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
If I go into settins and remove the checkmark then put it back on for Camera Delay, it works as expected. (After changing from Reverse to Drive, the camera comes on for 10 seconds) After some unknown period of time, it stops working even though the checkmark is still there. Remove and re-check, and it works again. Clearly a software problem. Is it known, and does anyone know when a fix will be provided? Do I need to contact Service to diagnose something so obvious?

Also, is there any way to actually get suggestions to be considered? The front camera should stay active until the speed defined for surround view is reached, not just for 10 seconds. Occasionally, slow maneuvering -- or waiting for someone standing in my parking space! -- takes longer than the 10 seconds. I don't see any reason for a time delay on this option, but speed control when surround camera is activated.

UConnect is up to date.
Fully agree, I have complained about this before. There should be NO time limit, and instead turn off after reaching a certain speed. Should be easy to do in a OTA software update if they wanted to.

Cheers,

Turin

Reaction score
Same issue here. Really annoying to have to bring the camera up again when I'm finessing the truck into a parking spot. I also agree on how the camera should work (based on speed rather than time) but for now I'd be happy if it respected the setting and worked the way it's documented.

phlyphyshr

Reaction score

UConnect is up to date.

I have this same issue as well!! Dealer looked at me like I had two heads when I first described the issue, and then demonstrated his lack of knowledge further by trying to tell me that it was operating normally when is wasn't operating at all!! 2019 Laramie has currently been at dealership for 5 days. Most annoying, they put me in a rental 1500 base model and the rear camera delay works perfectly! I can't imagine that all Laramie's equipped w/8.4 UConnect have the same issue,,,, or do they?!!

Leif_Ram2019

Reaction score
I have this same issue as well!! Dealer looked at me like I had two heads when I first described the issue, and then demonstrated his lack of knowledge further by trying to tell me that it was operating normally when is wasn't operating at all!! 2019 Laramie has currently been at dealership for 5 days. Most annoying, they put me in a rental 1500 base model and the rear camera delay works perfectly! I can't imagine that all Laramie's equipped w/8.4 UConnect have the same issue,,,, or do they?!!

This sounds like my exact experience yesterday (less the rental). My 2019 Laramie got its 10K mile service, software update, and pedal recall done yesterday. I reported the exact issue everyone is seeing here. No information, they didn't understand, and by the time I went to pick up the truck they were all gone for the day. I just submitted a service request via the above website.

phlyphyshr

Reaction score
My issue is finally fixed!!!
Dealer replaced my radio with a NEW, not remanufactured radio and all systems are good now! The new radio is the one used for the 2020 model year. ,,, it did take 3mo to get the radio, but the service manager at my dealership was persistent and got it done!
Kudo’s to Troiano Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Colchester CT!!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
My issue is finally fixed!!!
Dealer replaced my radio with a NEW, not remanufactured radio and all systems are good now! The new radio is the one used for the 2020 model year. ,,, it did take 3mo to get the radio, but the service manager at my dealership was persistent and got it done!
Kudo’s to Troiano Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Colchester CT!!
Glad to hear!

Users who are viewing this thread