5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling All Patriot Blues!

magnetized

Reaction score
So, you ceramic coated the paint? I am getting a Patriot Blue, so I wondered is that the kind of thing that would help prevent rock chips,etc. Did it change the look, the gloss or the color?
The ceramic coating is claimed to help toughen the surface, though I don't think it's tough enough to protect against rock chips. I got the clear paint protection film on the entire front for that purpose. The gloss definitely improved with the coating, and water beads off nicely. To me the color got deeper and more vibrant, though that may be just me justifying the cost to myself lol. My previous truck was ceramic coated and it had minimal scratches and still beaded water 2 years after getting it.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ll add my pictures.

Attachments

• CA1980B3-568F-4622-B575-96D081F9A690.jpeg
    CA1980B3-568F-4622-B575-96D081F9A690.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 1A27F318-770F-4623-B954-AE38BD3A35E8.jpeg
    1A27F318-770F-4623-B954-AE38BD3A35E8.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 101

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Beautiful truck!
Nice build!

Thank you! I still miss my regular cabs frequently for the sporty driving feel, but if I have to have the back seat I'm glad it can be in something like this.

I'd like to say maybe someday I'll find myself back in a regular cab again but at this rate maybe I can just get myself a square body chevy to have on the side.

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
Really want this color...is it painful to keep clean?
Personally I think it’s gorgeous when clean and in the “right” light.
Clean is where I come up short, which turns it into a 13 in a dozen dark blue (most of the time).

swizlstik

Reaction score
Just got this a couple months ago. Waiting for the weather to calm down here in AZ before I start doing anything to it.
017826a0c323b21039de330661ccc2f0.jpg

brenan00

Reaction score
Aloha All Patriot Blue's, I can finally post, after looking at all your beautiful blue trucks for the last three months. Right when it got off the ship we took it straight over to Auto Trim Hawaii where they did a paint correction put Xpel ultimate plus PPF on the full front facing painted surfaced including hood and parts of the roof plus mirrors, Xpel prime ceramic tint the windshield 80, front windows 35 and a shade darker in the backs, then Xpel fusion plus ceramic coating. Hoping to keep this blue truck clean with a little effort, since it will be parked in that spot for the next two and a half years, I got a cover. Let's see how diligent I am with that. Later

Attachments

• RanAutoTrimHawaii.png
    RanAutoTrimHawaii.png
    726.9 KB · Views: 71

CobraKai

Reaction score
I had the LED third brake light painted blue to match, didnt like how much the black stood out. think it came out nice. the front end is starting to chip even with a ceramic coat im going to add some paint protection film in the next month or so. its amazing how thin the paint is on these trucks..

Attachments

• tempImageE5iw3r.png
    tempImageE5iw3r.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 83

brenan00

Reaction score
I had the LED third brake light painted blue to match, didnt like how much the black stood out. think it came out nice. the front end is starting to chip even with a ceramic coat im going to add some paint protection film in the next month or so. its amazing how thin the paint is on these trucks..
One of the first things I ask the sales guy, why is the shark fin black? My company car is a touring but not top trim Pacifica, it's fin is red like the rest of the van. The first thing I did when it got off the boat was paint correct, ppf, and ceramic paint and windows. Later

JBV

Reaction score
general question for you PB truck owners. how do you like the color in general and how is it holding up to the elements with time? also, much orange peel effect? i see someone complaining that they have terrible orange peel on their new PB. mine is now in shipping and i'm hoping for an early Nov delivery.

brenan00

Reaction score
general question for you PB truck owners. how do you like the color in general and how is it holding up to the elements with time? also, much orange peel effect? i see someone complaining that they have terrible orange peel on their new PB. mine is now in shipping and i'm hoping for an early Nov delivery.
Mine is beautiful. I did get it PPF and ceramic coated as soon as it got off the boat.

JBV

Reaction score
good to know. fingers crossed. getting a quote now from a place for undercoating, PPF and graphene coating. i can't imagine it will be cheap.

swizlstik

Reaction score
Beautiful truck! what size lift and wheels is that?

Thank you!! I absolutely love this truck.

6” Procomp lift kit. 20” Fuel wheels with Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

Getting ready to finish blacking it out then install a better exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread