5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling all FCA/Dealer employees! I want to turn off my DRL's!!!!

drewweglein

Reaction score
Is there anyone that his figured the DLR light thing? I got my 2019 rebel slightly used and the dealership didn’t disclose it was from Canada. I could have brought it brand new but thought it was a good deal until I found out the headlights don’t turn off. Really liked the truck DLR’s before I got it and now I can’t even have them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Is there anyone that his figured the DLR light thing? I got my 2019 rebel slightly used and the dealership didn’t disclose it was from Canada. I could have brought it brand new but thought it was a good deal until I found out the headlights don’t turn off. Really liked the truck DLR’s before I got it and now I can’t even have them

What trim? You didn’t specify.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If your owner's manual is no help, you can always purchase a TAZER DT and choose which (if any) lights you want to use as the DRLs ..

_darkknightram_

Reaction score
I so wish we could ha e them off in canada. I rebuilt my lights and the stupid drl kills the look of them when I'm driving around.

Attachments

• IMG_20190923_063444_122.jpg
    IMG_20190923_063444_122.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 121

drewweglein

Reaction score
I so wish we could ha e them off in canada. I rebuilt my lights and the stupid drl kills the look of them when I'm driving around.

What do you mean? I was going to try what Vader rebel said. Does it not work on Canada models when driving?

drewweglein

Reaction score
As of this date, the Tazer DT is the only way to reconfigure the DRL on both, the Canadian and 'Merican versions.

I bought it, it works and I am content.

Does it keep just the dlr’s on while driving? And allow you to turn off? On the Canadian versions? Thanks!

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does it keep just the dlr’s on while driving? And allow you to turn off? On the Canadian versions? Thanks!

The Tazer allows you to turn off the DRL's completely or remap them to the accent strips or turn strip.

I set mine to the turn signal a year ago... setting hasn't changed and I love the look.

Princebawa

Reaction score
The Tazer allows you to turn off the DRL's completely or remap them to the accent strips or turn strip.

I set mine to the turn signal a year ago... setting hasn't changed and I love the look.
Hey do you mind showing a pic of the look?

Thanks

barakalesso

Reaction score
I want the option to turn off my DRL'S like I could on my 16' and use the turn signals as my daytime markers.

Anyone else disappointed we lost the option? Any dealers or techs on the forum know if that can be changed? It should be able, since our American brothers and sisters have the option.
Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin
The "signature lights" are not bright enough to be considered a true DRL function as you see on other vehicles, and were never tested as such before production began.

Last edited:

eyler34

Reaction score
Anyone have any failures with their signature lights?? My drive side won't stay on. I've had the truck for almost a year and all of the sudden the drive side signature lights won't stay on after start up. Passenger side do...it's weird!

JordyKass

Reaction score
Anyone have any failures with their signature lights?? My drive side won't stay on. I've had the truck for almost a year and all of the sudden the drive side signature lights won't stay on after start up. Passenger side do...it's weird!
I had the same issue... accent line on driver side would kick on at startup and then sputter out after a few seconds. Dealer had to replace the entire headlight since there is no way to just replace the accent strips. Cost me $1,660 since my truck came from Canada and doesnt have a US warranty... What a crock of shhhh

Anyhow back to the original thread topic I would love to find a way to get the headlights to turn off during the day time. Has anybody found a way other than Tazer DT? I don't want to fiddle with other settings just change the accent lights to DRLs by turing off the low beams.... They're on full time no 50% brightness and they run down my etorque battery at stoplights. $330 for the Tazer just to control my headlights isn't really worth it for me though.

R.A.M

Reaction score
I had the same issue... accent line on driver side would kick on at startup and then sputter out after a few seconds. Dealer had to replace the entire headlight since there is no way to just replace the accent strips. Cost me $1,660 since my truck came from Canada and doesnt have a US warranty... What a crock of shhhh

Anyhow back to the original thread topic I would love to find a way to get the headlights to turn off during the day time. Has anybody found a way other than Tazer DT? I don't want to fiddle with other settings just change the accent lights to DRLs by turing off the low beams.... They're on full time no 50% brightness and they run down my etorque battery at stoplights. $330 for the Tazer just to control my headlights isn't really worth it for me though.
If you turn on fog lights and turn knob to second position..now DRL is off with accent lighting on. But also accompanied by the fog light

Users who are viewing this thread