5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calibrating 360 surround view cameras after leveling front

eclipse5302

Reaction score
I hope this is in the right area. If there's a better forum to put this in, let me know.

I have a 2019 Limited with the 360 cameras. I lifted (leveled) the front, and wanted to calibrate the cameras. I have AlfaOBD and a bypass and have tried the camera calibration, but I can't seem to get it right.

You're supposed to start the calibration procedure, then drive slowly for a while and it will figure everything out. I have better luck when I drive along areas with dashed lines, or other things on the road that help the cameras figure out how to de-warp the image. I just can't get it right...they still look "wrong" even when they successfully calibrate.

Clearly there is an OEM procedure that must be followed, but I can't figure it out. Maybe a certain pattern they lay down, or something...

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Try driving in a parking lot during the day. I've heard that works better. I think it likes lots of cars it can see.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just curious why you want to recalibrate. I lifted the front of my Limited by about 1.5 inches using adjustable suspension links. But my surround view cameras still work just fine. It's an optical image, what would have changed?

eclipse5302

Reaction score
I went up 2" in front only using spacers. It was very apparent that it was wrong. If I could have physically adjusted the front camera, it would have been fine.

From what I can tell, if I can find dashed lines (like the middle of a road), it helps a little. But it still seems more "warped" than it was from the factory, which tells me there's more to it.

Last edited:

jdpanero

Reaction score
I hope this is in the right area. If there's a better forum to put this in, let me know.

I have a 2019 Limited with the 360 cameras. I lifted (leveled) the front, and wanted to calibrate the cameras. I have AlfaOBD and a bypass and have tried the camera calibration, but I can't seem to get it right.

You're supposed to start the calibration procedure, then drive slowly for a while and it will figure everything out. I have better luck when I drive along areas with dashed lines, or other things on the road that help the cameras figure out how to de-warp the image. I just can't get it right...they still look "wrong" even when they successfully calibrate.

Clearly there is an OEM procedure that must be followed, but I can't figure it out. Maybe a certain pattern they lay down, or something...
How exactly does one access and perform the calibration in AlfaOBD?

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the calibration you are looking at is for the adaptive cruise control, that's why you need the lines, it has nothing to do with de-warping images from the cameras.

jdpanero

Reaction score
Thank you for the help. Unfortunately, I've looked at that thread a few times and can only find the procedure for adding the 360 camera, not calibrating the system. I've been studying for weeks and am still lost.

1500DFW

Reaction score
Thank you for the help. Unfortunately, I've looked at that thread a few times and can only find the procedure for adding the 360 camera, not calibrating the system. I've been studying for weeks and am still lost.
Did you ever figure out how to calibrate your cameras? Or figure out the warping issue?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did you ever figure out how to calibrate your cameras? Or figure out the warping issue?
You have to have the dealer do it or buy AlfaODB and an MX+ ODB reader or compatible.

Users who are viewing this thread