5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cab to bed A/C

Charliebunch

Reaction score
Who can tell me what this is? There's 2 of them between the cab and the bed. They look like something that could be removed to access out of the cab and with a little modification, access into the bed. Looking to build out the bed once my camper topper comes in and thinking it might provide access to some get some cab provided A/C. 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie.
20210713_121949.jpg 20210713_121908.jpg

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not sure. Maybe a place to run antennas wires, lights, etc out of the cab?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Who can tell me what this is? There's 2 of them between the cab and the bed. They look like something that could be removed to access out of the cab and with a little modification, access into the bed. Looking to build out the bed once my camper topper comes in and thinking it might provide access to some get some cab provided A/C. 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie.
View attachment 99871 View attachment 99872
Those are the cabin pressurization flaps. You don’t want to block them or re-purpose them, otherwise you’ll get drastic cabin pressure changes, and have to slam the doors to latch them all the way.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also camp in bed under a topper and ha e considered how to possibly cool the bed with cabin AC. They do make 'gaskets' to seal between cab and topper sliders so you could keep both open and cool the bed. I've seen Inflatable and foam but haven't tried either yet.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am mounting some 200mm Black Noctua Fans to the
Windoor sliders in my LEER 122. They will be driven from
a PWM Dimmer to vary the Speed. At full speed they are
at 29.5 dB.

Malodave

Users who are viewing this thread