5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cab lights for trucks with sunroofs...

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, that actually looks pretty cool. I'm not a big fan of those massive light bars some people have across the windshield, but this has a really low key look to it.

19RamBC

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, that actually looks pretty cool. I'm not a big fan of those massive light bars some people have across the windshield, but this has a really low key look to it.
Yes i agree i don't mind the low profile look, and painted the same color of the truck would blend in nicely

turtlehead91

Reaction score
@19RamBC I really like the look of that bar, but browsing the web it sounds like they are no drill. How do you run the wires and keep them hidden without any drilling?

19RamBC

Reaction score
@19RamBC I really like the look of that bar, but browsing the web it sounds like they are no drill. How do you run the wires and keep them hidden without any drilling?
If you look in the instructions it shows you tuck them under the gasket for the side of your windshield or it comes with a gasket with 3M tape you run along your side of the windshield

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210212-202304_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210212-202304_Drive.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 132

ShadowWolf206

Reaction score
>Excludes Rebel models
What possible difference could there be with the front roof of a Rebel that's not on say a Big Horn, Laramie or Limited?
This is without the sunroof & the shark fin is on the rear of the cab.

19RamBC

Reaction score
>Excludes Rebel models
What possible difference could there be with the front roof of a Rebel that's not on say a Big Horn, Laramie or Limited?
There is 2 models one for sunroof and one for not.. also they can be trimmed around any other front antennas as per the instructions

ShadowWolf206

Reaction score
There is 2 models one for sunroof and one for not.. also they can be trimmed around any other front antennas as per the instructions
I should have mentioned that my explanation was for my truck.. no sunroof & rear shark fin. That was my bad.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered a set of these Smoked Amber LED Cab Lights for $31. Note that these lights are wired
that the White Wire is ground and the Black Wire is power. With the T-10 sockets below,
I just soldered the Black Wire to Red and the Red Wire to Black.

Cab Lights.jpeg

Got some T10 sockets to make a wiring Harness.

Hookup Wire. I have other things to wire so I got a 100ft Spool.

Hole grommets from Mcmaster Carr:
SBR Rubber Grommet for 7/8" Hole Diameter and 1/16" Material Thickness, 5/8" ID 9600K36

I still have to pull the passenger side "A" Pillar and see if the connector is there for the cab lights on 25-3500 RAMs.

Working on a Template to drill the holes. It is still Preliminary, I still have to measure the distance back from the
Windshield so the 7/8" hole does not hit the Sub frame of the roof.

Malodave

Attachments

• CabLightsTemplate.pdf
    22.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Heisrizn

Reaction score
>Excludes Rebel models
My question as well. Why is the Rebel excluded?

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
>Excludes Rebel models
My thought would be that since the Rebel is more of an off road design,
the mounting might not hold the light bar on, so they exclude it. If it
were to be rigidly mounted, then it would work for the Rebel.

Malodave

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to wire this up so it’s on whenever the car is on. I guess maybe wire it up to the drl’s but which wires off the headlight harness would that be. Thanks in advanced.

saylor

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to wire this up so it’s on whenever the car is on. I guess maybe wire it up to the drl’s but which wires off the headlight harness would that be. Thanks in advanced.
if you used a fuse tap and used a fuse position that comes on when the car comes on as your trigger wire for your relay to drive the lamps

Reaction score
if you used a fuse tap and used a fuse position that comes on when the car comes on as your trigger wire for your relay to drive the lamps
On my only truck which was a gmc at4 I just tapped the drl wire off of the headlight harness and worked out perfectly. This is my first ram so I don’t know which wire is the drl. I need to find which one is the drl and which wire is ground. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

saylor

Reaction score
Alex!

you arent hearing what im sayin my man. DONT tap into or otherwise alter your factory harness.

if you want it to come on whenever the car is on all you need is a trigger wire from something that comes on when the car comes on.

Just use a fuse tap from an ACC fuse location. There is one like at 33 or 66 (i forget which position its 6am right now i cant remember) that most people use.

no need to hack your wiring.

toyboy1980

Reaction score
For anyone curious, I went with the AVS Aerocab lights. They turned out pretty good and were really easy to install.
So, I just had one of these delivered today, and it doesn’t fit on the ends at all. Like, the one I got is tapered up on the ends. Doesn’t look like yours. I ordered it from Real Truck. Item # AVS-698173. For a 2019-2021 with sunroof. I actually just submitted a return request. It’s unusable for me. I’m wondering if what I got was mislabeled or something. Did you modify yours at all? I already repacked the one I got, or I’d take some pictures to show how messed up the fitment was.

turtlehead91

Reaction score
So, I just had one of these delivered today, and it doesn’t fit on the ends at all. Like, the one I got is tapered up on the ends. Doesn’t look like yours. I ordered it from Real Truck. Item # AVS-698173. For a 2019-2021 with sunroof. I actually just submitted a return request. It’s unusable for me. I’m wondering if what I got was mislabeled or something. Did you modify yours at all? I already repacked the one I got, or I’d take some pictures to show how messed up the fitment was.
I didn't do anything special with mine. The only thing that was odd when installing mine was that they had the polarity reversed. A quick flip of the wires fixed that.
I did notice there were different bars for different makes/models. I had to be careful to get the correct one. The item number on mine was: 698163.

toyboy1980

Reaction score
I didn't do anything special with mine. The only thing that was odd when installing mine was that they had the polarity reversed. A quick flip of the wires fixed that.
I did notice there were different bars for different makes/models. I had to be careful to get the correct one. The item number on mine was: 698163.
I’m now seeing where they say that Rebel models aren’t compatible. That was not said on the Real Truck site. Blah.

Mike.M1367

Reaction score
Hey I ordered mine, and have the same exact issue! Did the different model work for you, if you tried that? I ordered the 698173 because I have the 2019 Limited w/ Sunroof.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread