5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cab lights for trucks with sunroofs...

toyboy1980

Reaction score
Hey I ordered mine, and have the same exact issue! Did the different model work for you, if you tried that? I ordered the 698173 because I have the 2019 Limited w/ Sunroof.

Thanks!
Something weird is going on then. Like, a manufacturing defect or change has taken place. No, I haven’t tried another model number. No matter what site I look at, including AVS’s main site, it says that’s the correct model number. I actually just got the return sent out today. I guess I’ll just get my money back on it.

toyboy1980

Reaction score
I didn't do anything special with mine. The only thing that was odd when installing mine was that they had the polarity reversed. A quick flip of the wires fixed that.
I did notice there were different bars for different makes/models. I had to be careful to get the correct one. The item number on mine was: 698163.
Do you have a sunroof?

Toolbox

Reaction score
For anyone curious, I went with the AVS Aerocab lights. They turned out pretty good and were really easy to install.
What kind of wind noise are you getting with that? Previous owner of my 2019 had a light bar installed on the top and the wind noise was very annoying.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think cab lights look good. But I must ask, what purpose do they serve. :unsure:
I'm glad you asked that question, because I couldn't figure it out. I thought maybe these guys were Peterbuilt wannabees...especially when I see the dude with a grille full of air horns. ;) I still can't believe someone would drill holes in the roof of their cab to install lights. :oops:

I've been a member of a lot of different vehicle forums, but the Ram guys are the light happiest bunch of them all. :ROFLMAO:

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm glad you asked that question, because I couldn't figure it out. I thought maybe these guys were Peterbuilt wannabees...especially when I see the dude with a grille full of air horns. ;) I still can't believe someone would drill holes in the roof of their cab to install lights. :oops:

I've been a member of a lot of different vehicle forums, but the Ram guys are the light happiest bunch of them all. :ROFLMAO:
I resemble that remark! I was a truck driver for a number of years. I need to move
the Nathan Airchime K5LA Air Horns over to my 2021 Laramie. The stock horn is anemic.

I also designed and made a Switch Panel to go in the Sunglass Cubby See Pic, and
a mirror Mount for the Comma3 from Comma.ai to have the Truck drive itself.

Malodave

Attachments

• 2021RAMLaramie-LEER-122_1.jpg
    2021RAMLaramie-LEER-122_1.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 2021RAMLaramie-LEER-122_2.jpg
    2021RAMLaramie-LEER-122_2.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 2021RAMLaramie-LEER-122_3.jpg
    2021RAMLaramie-LEER-122_3.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 31
  • RAM-DT_Switch_Console.jpg
    RAM-DT_Switch_Console.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 31
  • RAMDTMirrorMountResin.jpg
    RAMDTMirrorMountResin.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 31
  • MirrorMount1.jpg
    MirrorMount1.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 31
  • MirrorMountInTruck.jpg
    MirrorMountInTruck.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

I ask myself this about lots of mods people post about doing on their trucks. It may not be something I'd put on my truck, but that's a good thing. I think it's great that we have as many options as we do. And I'm glad we aren't all driving trucks that look identical.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I ask myself this about lots of mods people post about doing on their trucks. It may not be something I'd put on my truck, but that's a good thing. I think it's great that we have as many options as we do. And I'm glad we aren't all driving trucks that look identical.
I'm glad there are so many options for our trucks and forums like this give you an opportunity to test drive the mods before you purchase them yourself. By test drive...I mean you get feedback, and you get to see what it looks like installed. Most mods are self-explanatory. Others can be researched via the internet, but some mods have no rhyme or reason. :LOL: The vent visor is one of those mods that still has me stumped. It says right in the description, "Drive with your windows down, while keeping rain and snow out!". I have yet to see a single vehicle with vent visors driving around with the windows down while it's raining. All I've got to say about driving around with your windows down while it's snowing...Really?? I have considered that vent visors might be for smokers, but I don't know any smokers so I can't confirm. :rolleyes:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm glad there are so many options for our trucks and forums like this give you an opportunity to test drive the mods before you purchase them yourself. By test drive...I mean you get feedback, and you get to see what it looks like installed. Most mods are self-explanatory. Others can be researched via the internet, but some mods have no rhyme or reason. :LOL: The vent visor is one of those mods that still has me stumped. It says right in the description, "Drive with your windows down, while keeping rain and snow out!". I have yet to see a single vehicle with vent visors driving around with the windows down while it's raining. All I've got to say about driving around with your windows down while it's snowing...Really?? I have considered that vent visors might be for smokers, but I don't know any smokers so I can't confirm. :rolleyes:
You nailed it for many people...smoking. I have friends and relatives with vent visors for that exact reason. Obviously not everyone with visors smokes. Some people just like the look.

Users who are viewing this thread