5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying my first Ram Night Edition Interior leather option and service

joallen001

Reaction score
My local dodge dealer has four of the exact same truck in one of the two exterior colors I prefer. Meaning I could probably get a decent deal. They are all the exact same price but they do not have leather. Would it be wise to keep looking or get the truck and have leather installed. It has heated seats so will this still work fine with aftermarket leather. It is a nerve racking decision buying a ram for the first time ever. I have only owned tacomas in the past. But I love the interior comfort of the new rams and the exterior. One last thing is there an advantage to buy local as far as warranty repairs go?
I am mainly interested in 2wd if there are any dealers recommended that stock mainly 2wd. Seems like there is a surplus of 4wd but I just dont have to have it.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Where are you located? Some members in Tx are reporting prices low enough you could probably get 4x4 and leather...

cra1g

Reaction score
For warranty, it doesn't matter. You can take it to any Ram dealer for warranty service, no matter where you bought it. The dealer where I bought mine is ~7 hours from where I live, but had prices the local dealers couldn't (or wouldn't) touch.

I haven't had to take my Ram in for any warranty work, but my experience with my Jeep (same dealer network) was that the dealer where I bought it was completely uninterested in doing any warranty work. They wanted me to leave it with them for a week before they would even get around to looking at it. I took it to another dealer (which was actually much closer), and they had it fixed overnight.

Last edited:

joallen001

Reaction score
Where are you located? Some members in Tx are reporting prices low enough you could probably get 4x4 and leather...

I am located in Alabama. Put i am not oppose to flying to texas and picking one up. I never have used 4x4 so its not a requirement but I am sure its better for re sale. I am stuck on the night edition with a granite cystal or white exterior.

joallen001

Reaction score
For warranty, it doesn't matter. You can take it to any Ram dealer for warranty service, no matter where you bought it. The dealer where I bought mine is ~7 hours from where I live, but had prices the local dealers couldn't (or wouldn't) touch.

I haven't had to take my Ram in for any warranty work, but my experience with my Jeep (same dealer network) was that the dealer where I bought it was completely uninterested in doing any warranty work. They wanted me to leave it with them for a week before they would even get around to looking at it. I took it to another dealer (which was actually much closer), and they had it fixed overnight.

That is good to know I have already been to one dealer and sometimes you get that sense they wouldn't take care of you.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am located in Alabama. Put i am not oppose to flying to texas and picking one up. I never have used 4x4 so its not a requirement but I am sure its better for re sale. I am stuck on the night edition with a granite cystal or white exterior.
Find the 2020 sales thread, that gives details of the dealers with good pricing.
here’s ther example I wanted:

Friday at 5:33 PM
Those guys down in Rockwall are still pumping out huge discounts.
This black one is around 20.5% off MSRP - https://www.rockwalldodge.com/inven...d-four-wheel-drive-crew-cab-1c6srfht2ln145491

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread