5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying a Rebel 12

Ram574

Reaction score
Hey I’m purchasing a rebel 12 in the next few months but I’m wondering if anyone has any option regrets or anything they wish they new before buying the 2019 rebel? Anything to watch out for?

Reactions: BTK
Reaction score
My dealer dummied up and selected the 9 Speaker Alpine as an option, so I didn't get the better stereo. The mileage is abysmal, but its been a lot of fun to drive. The 12 inch screen is dope af. The truck is so smooth, I have tried to get out of it with the engine on several times.

You are going to need running boards, I tried to go without them and it wasn't pleasant. I went with the GoRhino RB20's and I am very happy with that choice.

I wish it came with ventilated seats, like every other car I have owned in the last ten years. However, I found several after market seat ventilation kits, and they don't look really hard to install.

If you get the sunroof, it is pretty damned cool. You are going to have to check the two drain tubes between the cab and bed to make sure that they protrude from the cab properly so that they don't leak. There are two more by where the front door meets the cab, but those aren't usually problematic.

The stock tires are a little noisy, but ride surprisingly well.

I have the Rambox and I like it. It holds much more than I thought it could. The Sirius 360 on demand is addictive.

All in all, I really like the truck and don't regret my decision to buy it.

SWI_Don

Reaction score
The Rebel 12 package with the Harmon Kardon speaker system is not available but they now have a Rebel 12A package that has a 9 speaker system instead. From what I have seen the rest of the package is the same.

Reactions: BTK

edgarrian

Reaction score
You probably already know this but you might not want to get air ride suspension. I have had mine now for about a week and its been great. Next week im getting side steps installed, tinted windows and tint the brow on the windshield. The 12 inch as stated is awesome, back up camera is great.

Users who are viewing this thread