5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying 1st truck - advice on bed length

dajogejr

Reaction score
I don't like either Ram Box or Multi Function tail gate, but to each his own.
I’m in the camp of love ‘em (Ram box) and have my first truck with a multi function tailgate.
I can only say my 2015 that had ram boxes, traded in with just over 140K on the clock, never had an issue.
My 2023 design is different, push button electric Vs the old push button mechanical.
So far no issues, but… not a big sample size. It’s nice to store stuff in them that rarely get used, but you’re sure glad to have It when you do…. Keeping my ice scraper/brush and my ratchet ties downs in there is nice, no more bouncing around inside the cab.

I wanted the MFT for my new truck, I really, really like it. Paired with the factory step, very, very easy to get stuff in and out of the bed without leaning over the tailgate…. I took another member’s advice and siliconed the 4 bumper stops for it as they just twist to lock and I could see them getting lost/coming out.
I also bought the amazon seal kit for the tailgate. Pain to put on, crap instructions, but the sealing of the tailgate is much better. If I power wash a little can still get in, but so far from rain and normal weather, it stays dry back there.

Like you said to each their own for sure. I can appreciate and respect the thought process of more things to break eventually.. :)

spyder

Reaction score
I don't know that I'd let a truck being dirty keep me from buying it, if it was what I wanted. I can clean it. Or I can have it professionally detailed for a couple hundred bucks. Sounds like a silly reason to pass on it.

Users who are viewing this thread