5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying 1st truck - advice on bed length

spyder

Reaction score
If you plan to actually use your truck for truck stuff, the 6'4 bed is barely sufficient and the 5'7 bed is near useless. If you can't park a truck with a 6 foot bed, you need to buy a car anyway.

spyder

Reaction score
Ideally, they'd build and I'd buy a Megacab with an 8' bed. That I would love.

PetePA

Reaction score
My personal preference from an aesthetic standpoint is the 5'7" bed.

From a utility standpoint, bigger is always better. There's always that situation where you wish you had a bigger bed. For me, 9" of additional space isn't enough added utility to justify. I'd go with 8' if that was available due to plywood and 2x4 sizes.

Maneuverability is also a small factor, though it can't be too much different considering only a ~9" difference in length.

Another factor is my ability to park the truck in the garage. These are nice trucks. If I got a tradesmen, then long bed. A Laramie, Limited or Tungsten? My preference is short bed.

In order of priority, for me:

#1 Aesthetic preference - 5'7"
#2 Able to park in garage - 5'7"
#3 Utility - 8' (if it were available on the trim I wanted)
#4 Maneuverability - 5'7"

There really is no situation where I prefer the 6'4" bed.

Nightowl

Reaction score
I bought a crew cab short bed. I wish I would have gotten a quad cad with a longer bed. But I rarely have anyone in the rear seats though.

Users who are viewing this thread