5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buy now or just relax?

U

User_3336

Got Mopar maxcare 8Year, 100k, $200 deductible (and 7 years oil changes supposedly from mopar but 2 per year...): $2,573
— are these oil change credits or whatever you call them really accepted at all CDJR service centers??
I like the word "supposedly" in your comment. If the oil change program is thru MOPAR, it would show in your ESP contract as well Have you verified this is a part of your contract (Downloaded from the mopar owner's site? Show in the attached. What does it state in your contract??????

plan.jpg

HunniD

Reaction score
I too was anxious and couldn't find what I wanted on any local lots so I ordered one. Yeah the employee discounting is BS like other's have said; I didn't receive any discounts. But, I've always wanted a Ram 1500 and just ordered a Longhorn in patriot blue with all the chrome I could get on it. LoL It's really hard to wait, so I feel ya on that one.

njt07

Reaction score
Well, Here is the quote for YOUR plan. and it isn't $2075! Looks like $1675.
POINT BEING > > You overpaid on your ESP.

View attachment 76996
Ok... you've made your point, you're right, I spent about a grand more than the price you managed to find and I didnt know about! Feel better?

Dont really understand your NEED to make people feel remorse over overspending on something after the fact, but hey you do you. While I do wish I could have saved that money I’m happy with my purchase.

anyway I’m out and wont be responding anymore to you, have a merry christmas!

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok... you've made your point, you're right, I spent about a grand more than the price you managed to find and I didnt know about! Feel better?

Dont really understand your NEED to make people feel remorse over overspending on something after the fact, but hey you do you. While I do wish I could have saved that money I’m happy with my purchase.

I wouldn’t get worked up by that guy. If you look closely, you’ll see nearly all his posts are negative, where he comes across as a jacka$$. Enjoy your truck, and don’t sweat the small stuff.

U

User_3336

The point I ***WAS*** trying to make is that you were making it look like Zeigler's price was several hundred over what it actually was, thus I posted the screenshot of the actual quote. Zeigler has been great to us forum members for the discounts over the years.
If you didn't fully research prices on ESP's online (there are a NUMBER of threads about ESP prices), then that lies with you with paying more. Has nothing with making people remorseful. Its about posting the correct information.
Sorry you didn't appreciate the post. You can by all means BLOCK me if you don't care to see my posts.

I feel like I've provided lots of useful information to forum members over the years I've been here.

U

User_3336

I wouldn’t get worked up by that guy. If you look closely, you’ll see nearly all his posts are negative, where he comes across as a jacka$$. Enjoy your truck, and don’t sweat the small stuff.
No reason to "get worked up" about ANY post on a public forum. I'm sorry you feel like I'm a jacka**. There will be differences of opinions in ANY public forum.
I simply stated that Zeigler was cheaper than the OP stated, and I posted a screenshot showing so. Block me if I'm such a jacka**! Have a Merry Christmas!

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As others noted, this time in December 2018 was a good time to buy. Got something like 14% off msrp, with no rebates... I took the 0%. This year is so much different with the pandemic so if you can be patient I'd wait for supply and demand to adjust until those type of deals can be had again. Best of luck for those in the market.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Don't lose sight of the fact that, now, used truck prices are very high. It's not all about the "deal" on the new, but the combined deal on the new and the trade. For me, it was a true no-brainer. Got an amazing trade in price for my 2019 and received over 18% off MSRP on my 2021. You have to look at the deal from both angles and then decide what's best for you. It's NOT all about the deal on the new and, if you have a high value trade, you might be missing out by not buying now ;)

Reactions: Jtr

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Don't lose sight of the fact that, now, used truck prices are very high. It's not all about the "deal" on the new, but the combined deal on the new and the trade. For me, it was a true no-brainer. Got an amazing trade in price for my 2019 and received over 18% off MSRP on my 2021. You have to look at the deal from both angles and then decide what's best for you. It's NOT all about the deal on the new and, if you have a high value trade, you might be missing out by not buying now ;)
How was your 19 doing? If it was relatively problem free did you have thoughts about trading in a known versus the new unknown considering some of the issues that are addressed on the forum.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
How was your 19 doing? If it was relatively problem free did you have thoughts about trading in a known versus the new unknown considering some of the issues that are addressed on the forum.
19 was flawless except for a dash bubble that developed and the gauge pod cover that started to have the leather peel away. Mechanically and electrically...ZERO issues in two years. Not sure I know what you are asking here..."thoughts about trading in a known versus the new unknown considering some of the issues that are addressed on the forum"

Jako

Reaction score
19 was flawless except for a dash bubble that developed and the gauge pod cover that started to have the leather peel away. Mechanically and electrically...ZERO issues in two years. Not sure I know what you are asking here..."thoughts about trading in a known versus the new unknown considering some of the issues that are addressed on the forum"
The possibility of getting a buy back or lemon, water leaks, vibrations, TSBs etc. Zero issues for 2 years is great. Sometimes you hear how I should have never traded in my previous vehicle.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
The possibility of getting a buy back or lemon, water leaks, vibrations, TSBs etc. Zero issues for 2 years is great. Sometimes you hear how I should have never traded in my previous vehicle.
Understood! I only traded in my 19 because of the deals I was able to find here in North Florida. FCA was willing to replace my dash so that wasn’t the issue. The thought of replacing the dash didn’t excite me though.

Bassinb

Reaction score
I watched prices on new '20 Limited trim trucks from April - August this year. For me it ended up being more about FINDING the truck I wanted in stock over getting the best possible deal. Stock was low and I think it remains that way at this point. I pulled the trigger on the exact truck I wanted (black appearance level 1 Limited, 3.92, no etorque, MFT and Rmaboxes) early August and walked out the door at ~15% off MSRP after TTL. I was fortunate that truck was at a dealership willing to negotiate. I visited a few around Wisconsin that would not budge more than 5% on this spec.

If I were you I would be testing the waters on trucks equipped the way you like at various dealerships if possible. 10-20% off MSRP is always a reasonable deal and if you can get one in that range that you like bring it home.

Jako

Reaction score
Understood! I only traded in my 19 because of the deals I was able to find here in North Florida. FCA was willing to replace my dash so that wasn’t the issue. The thought of replacing the dash didn’t excite me though.
I'm married to my Ram, purchased the lifetime warranty back in 2018, made the deadline by a couple of days. I had a few issues which I think/hope were related to the 2 year old battery plus a few TSBs.

Best of luck with the new Ram.

Users who are viewing this thread