5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burn in on 8” screen

tindalljm

Reaction score
Has anyone had this issue? It seems like the last screen I use will always be on the background. You can still see the number on the background of the picture. It’s hard to even see the backup camera when it’s on. I should’ve took a picture of that but I didn’t.

Going to take it to the dealership to see about getting it replaced since I’m only at 22k miles. Any chance they could replace with the 12” if I pay extra?

Attachments

• B2DA73F0-3FCD-4F09-8B93-36FDBD73E930.jpeg
    B2DA73F0-3FCD-4F09-8B93-36FDBD73E930.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 101

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. I have the same problem, Ghosting. Went to the dealer for something else and just told them to take a look at it, of course it was "The first time to see anything like that" for him, it was about 3 months ago and i don't remember what they told me (probably to come again and maybe get a new screen installed). Anyway, since then i'm always on the navigation map screen because i like seeing the map while i'm driving and apparently it doesn't happen when on the map screen so it's not bothering me anymore... BTW, It happens at low temps, when it gets hot outside, i can't see the ghosting.

About the 12" swap: No, they only swap under warranty for the same part, no way to pay extra for a different part, you can talk to FCA and ask them, that's what my dealer told me when i wanted the wood steering wheel when they replaced my damaged sw...

Attachments

• 92795436_213712740068884_4932572143327117312_n.jpg
    92795436_213712740068884_4932572143327117312_n.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

tindalljm

Reaction score
Yes. I have the same problem, Ghosting. Went to the dealer for something else and just told them to take a look at it, of course it was "The first time to see anything like that" for him, it was about 3 months ago and i don't remember what they told me (probably to come again and maybe get a new screen installed). Anyway, since then i'm always on the navigation map screen because i like seeing the map while i'm driving and apparently it doesn't happen when on the map screen so it's not bothering me anymore... BTW, It happens at low temps, when it gets hot outside, i can't see the ghosting.

About the 12" swap: No, they only swap under warranty for the same part, no way to pay extra for a different part, you can talk to FCA and ask them, that's what my dealer told me when i wanted the wood steering wheel when they replaced my damaged sw...

Im in Texas and it’s been warm the past few days. Its really bad when you put on the backup camera though in the daytime. At night, I can see everything on the Screen fine

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Im in Texas and it’s been warm the past few days. Its really bad when you put on the backup camera though in the daytime. At night, I can see everything on the Screen fine
Yeah when i put the car in reverse, the Backup camera looks awful with the ghosting... i agree.
I guess going to have the dealer look at it is the only option for us...

tac63

Reaction score
It appears to be a FCA problem. I had a 2018 chrysler 300s prior to my ram and had 3 screen replacements by my dealer for this exact issue, one also with the radio itself and it was always there.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Has anyone had this issue? It seems like the last screen I use will always be on the background. You can still see the number on the background of the picture. It’s hard to even see the backup camera when it’s on. I should’ve took a picture of that but I didn’t.

Going to take it to the dealership to see about getting it replaced since I’m only at 22k miles. Any chance they could replace with the 12” if I pay extra?

It appears to be a FCA problem. I had a 2018 chrysler 300s prior to my ram and had 3 screen replacements by my dealer for this exact issue, one also with the radio itself and it was always there.

Hi,
I'm very sorry to see this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

tindalljm

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm very sorry to see this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

I'm going to the dealership on Saturday morning.

Users who are viewing this thread