5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bull Bar / Brush Guard w/ Parking Sensor Mounts

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a bull bar that doesn't block the front parking sensors or has mounts for them? My wife agreed that she likes the Rough Country LED Bull Bar but I think it blocks the sensors.

Any suggestions would be great!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That looks like absolute crap, and I ant believe they would use that for marketing. Screenshot_20231124-125344.png

I'd try to find something that offers actual protection, and not just something for looks

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you find something, let us know. When I was searching for one for my 2021, there was one that was only offered in Canada and the bar actually mounted using the cutouts where the tow hooks would go. Looked WAY cleaner and they relocated the sensors. If I could find that one, I'd put it on my new truck. But I still haven't been able to locate it.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
oh, yeah. I'm not sure how else you could do that though? Just take it off I guess.
I mean, if that's how you have to cut it to make the bull bar fit, then it's a poor design on the bull bar

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I mean, if that's how you have to cut it to make the bull bar fit, then it's a poor design on the bull bar
Its going to be a pretty far drop to get it around that valence. Put a lot of torque on it having the weight on such a long lever.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Its going to be a pretty far drop to get it around that valence. Put a lot of torque on it having the weight on such a long lever.
What I meant was, the cut outs shouldn't have to be that big and ugly. I didn't mean go under the valance. But even the way they have it, that bull bar is just for looks and will just bend back and damage grill/bumper in an accident.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What I meant was, the cut outs shouldn't have to be that big and ugly. I didn't mean go under the valance. But even the way they have it, that bull bar is just for looks and will just bend back and damage grill/bumper in an accident.
Could you suggest one that is better?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Could you suggest one that is better?
Other than the one posted above that uses the tow hook mounts, I'd only suggest a full replacement bumper to get the added protection.

Attachments

• PXL_20231008_180059395.jpg
    PXL_20231008_180059395.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 19

Users who are viewing this thread