5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Built to Serve squeak/chirp

JoeG724

Reaction score
I was one of the lucky ones that had to wrong springs in my truck. Got them replaced last fall and then the recall came out and according to my dealer they had to do the install all over again. My question is I still have a squeak/chirping noise over certain bumps. They replaced my upper control arms saying that was the problem. Btw they are made out of plastic. I haven’t called back yet to let them know the noise is still there. Trying to do some more research to see who else has had or has this problem. One of my questions is I noticed there is two different upper control arms with part numbers ending in AC OR AB, which is what the front springs have. Anyone on here a tech or Ram cares employee that can see if maybe once the springs got replaced that maybe it has the wrong upper control arms? So far to date all springs are changed, both front upper control arms and both sway bar end links. Truck only has 10k on it and been batting this problem for a while now. Absolutely love the truck just want the noise gone!

JoeG724

Reaction score
I was one of the lucky ones that had to wrong springs in my truck. Got them replaced last fall and then the recall came out and according to my dealer they had to do the install all over again. My question is I still have a squeak/chirping noise over certain bumps. They replaced my upper control arms saying that was the problem. Btw they are made out of plastic. I haven’t called back yet to let them know the noise is still there. Trying to do some more research to see who else has had or has this problem. One of my questions is I noticed there is two different upper control arms with part numbers ending in AC OR AB, which is what the front springs have. Anyone on here a tech or Ram cares employee that can see if maybe once the springs got replaced that maybe it has the wrong upper control arms? So far to date all springs are changed, both front upper control arms and both sway bar end links. Truck only has 10k on it and been batting this problem for a while now. Absolutely love the truck just want the noise gone!
This is what makes me wonder?

Attachments

• DC8441EA-D916-419C-9BB8-46BECCAD72E8.png
    DC8441EA-D916-419C-9BB8-46BECCAD72E8.png
    186.5 KB · Views: 26

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi Joe,
We certainly understand why this may be concerning. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support via private messages.

Rob
Ram Cares

Craig59

Reaction score

Craig59

Reaction score
I have the same problem service said it was sway bar it worked for a few weeks and the noise has returned only 7300 miles

JoeG724

Reaction score
I have the same problem service said it was sway bar it worked for a few weeks and the noise has returned only 7300 miles
Whole sway bar or just end links? Gone mine back Thursday no Chirp after redoing the brakes but the truck seems to sway roll alot

Craig59

Reaction score
Whole sway bar or just end links? Gone mine back Thursday no Chirp after redoing the brakes but the truck seems to sway roll alot
Paperwork show inspected and lubricated mounts, and checked front brakes

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hello @craig! If you decide to consult with your dealer regarding this matter, please let us know. Our team would love to provide additional assistance while in service.

Hannah
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread