5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Built to Serve Package

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recently found a “Built to Serve” truck near me... hadn’t even heard of it and actually assumed the dealer just fancied one up to appeal to the local military base.

Being a veteran and enjoying the uniqueness, the package has a lot of appeal to me. Now that I’ve found one, I’d love to find if there are any others out there to compare against. The one I have is missing some options I would have otherwise chosen.

As I search online, I basically see all of the marketing content from back in November of 2019. I haven’t seen a post from a single owner, nor have I seen all of the variations promised by the marketing content. I also don’t see the package option when building a truck on ram’s website.

Does anyone have any details on where I could find one? Has anyone here bought one?

-Nightwind-

Reaction score
I recently found a “Built to Serve” truck near me... hadn’t even heard of it and actually assumed the dealer just fancied one up to appeal to the local military base.

Being a veteran and enjoying the uniqueness, the package has a lot of appeal to me. Now that I’ve found one, I’d love to find if there are any others out there to compare against. The one I have is missing some options I would have otherwise chosen.

As I search online, I basically see all of the marketing content from back in November of 2019. I haven’t seen a post from a single owner, nor have I seen all of the variations promised by the marketing content. I also don’t see the package option when building a truck on ram’s website.

Does anyone have any details on where I could find one? Has anyone here bought one?

I’ve been waiting for details, too. Haven’t seen anything this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think you may have been the first person to see one.

Anxiously awaiting info and members with one myself

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been waiting to see these on the build & price site too just to see exactly what you can & can't get on them. Nice to see they are finally showing up.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here’s a pic of the options from the window sticker.

FWIW, I learned my deployment to Iraq isn’t enough to qualify me for the $500 military rebate :/
dc692674ed65bba478698dc121556920.jpg

Ram_it

Reaction score
If my truck ever gets assembled I would share the options and pictures. I ordered my “built to serve” on December 28th and still waiting for build sheet

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like green and blacks are in transit to dealers around me right now. I’ve seen two black units arrival locally. So far all I’ve heard about are Bighorn 1500 packages.

Since green and black were the first ones available, I’d guess the next round of colors will be around 3months down the road.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So if your deployment isn't enough, what is? Kinda' picky on their part.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
You don’t need to be a veteran or active duty to order this truck.

I was meaning the rebate. Guess he was past the 12 months?
"If you're Active, Active Reserved, Retired Military, Retired Military Reserve or are an honorably discharged veteran within 12 months of discharged date, you're eligible for up to $500 in Military bonus cash+ under our Military Incentive program. "

Last edited by a moderator:

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, I’m outside of the 12 month criteria... so as far as the rebate is concerned, my service doesn’t count.

I’m hearing from other dealers that they are expecting these in stock any day now. Ram must have released the first round of these trucks

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Well thanks for what you've done anyway. (y)
My son has had 2 deployments (Iraq in 07 and Afghanistan in 11') with Korea in between (09') and this summer he will go back to Stan'... Never ending fun.
Gotta' wonder why we are still there. I read that it's been 17 years in Afghanistan... :unsure:

pensfan

Reaction score
More info on the new model.

-Nightwind-

Reaction score
More info on the new model.

That “gator” FDE color is awesome!

Last edited:

2019REBEL

Reaction score
Dang nothing for us Canadians :mad: , I like that Ceramic Grey. Wonder what Spitfire looks like.

IowaRam

Reaction score
I purchased a built to serve 2/22. I put a deposit the first day it landed on the lot. The dealer didn't even know what it was, and it discounted even more than their other big horns. Ended up getting 31% off!!! Happy camper here.

Attachments

• 20200222_140042.jpg
    20200222_140042.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 39

Users who are viewing this thread