5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Built to serve editions -

Borsig

Reaction score
Anyone know if these can be ordered? Or do they just come as lot trucks from Ram?
Is there a premium paid for them vs MSRP?

I am trying to compare them to a rebel and I do like the edition, but hate most of the colors. I like the ceramic grey but the online builder only allows flame red, tank and the steel color. I like ceramic and the black.

Building one of these out puts me at 52K optioned like I want where the rebel is close to 59K. However if there's a premium because it's a "limited" edition then it probably eats up some of that savings.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt there would be a premium on a BTS Ram. You should get the same rebates/discounts/etc. that other trims get. As far as can you order them, I do not know for certain, but you could call your local Ram dealer and ask.

The only trim level I've seen "extra" premium on is the TRX, for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They only built 1000 (I think) of each Built To Serve color. The Ceramic Gray and Black builds are long finished (part of the Army and Navy colors).

I think the current colors are Tank and Flame Red (Marine colors), but those have been out a few months so they may not be available to order.

The only colors still left to go are Spitfire and White (Coast Guard colors). No idea if those are available yet or not.

It's always possible you could find a leftover still on a dealer lot somewhere, but with the overall inventory shortage, I doubt it.

Borsig

Reaction score
They only built 1000 (I think) of each Built To Serve color. The Ceramic Gray and Black builds are long finished (part of the Army and Navy colors).

I think the current colors are Tank and Flame Red (Marine colors), but those have been out a few months so they may not be available to order.

The only colors still left to go are Spitfire and White (Coast Guard colors). No idea if those are available yet or not.

It's always possible you could find a leftover still on a dealer lot somewhere, but with the overall inventory shortage, I doubt it.
Thanks, Good to know. They are optioned perfectly, and have 3.12's unlike the Rebel. Unfortunately looks like they're going to be a no.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As piening2150 said, the ceramic gray and black are long gone, and the only way to find one now would be used/pre-owned.

The flame red units are just starting to hit dealer lots now, and the tank green units are probably still a few weeks out...it appears the factory starts with the traditional colors first, then finishes up the run with the low-volume colors.

The last run of the BTS series will be the bright white and spitfire orange. Those might be able to be special ordered but people have had mixed results when it comes to special ordering BTS trucks. It appears that there’s an extremely limited window to order.

Borsig

Reaction score
As piening2150 said, the ceramic gray and black are long gone, and the only way to find one now would be used/pre-owned.

The flame red units are just starting to hit dealer lots now, and the tank green units are probably still a few weeks out...it appears the factory starts with the traditional colors first, then finishes up the run with the low-volume colors.

The last run of the BTS series will be the bright white and spitfire orange. Those might be able to be special ordered but people have had mixed results when it comes to special ordering BTS trucks. It appears that there’s an extremely limited window to order.
Looks like it will have to be Rebel. I didn't want 3.92s though. Might look harder at the diesel after all.

HEMITKN

Reaction score
Okay so I should have my tank built to serve by early march. Who has lifted one? Any with six inch lift? Should I worry about any issues running that tall of a lift with the factory off road pkg? Have tried to read the several posts on shocks and combos and just get confused.
I want to run35's on a 18X9 with -12 offset or 20X10's with -18 offset. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am getting it done at the dealership at the time of delivery.
First wheel would be an 18" second would be a 20".

Thank Mike

Attachments

• 2021 BTS TANK.jpg
    2021 BTS TANK.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 222.png
    222.png
    1 MB · Views: 21
  • 333.jpg
    333.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 21

HEMITKN

Reaction score

I got mine ordered the second day tank was available 5DEC20. Think you right on build priority.

Last edited:

HEMITKN

Reaction score
Id love to see a tank in person or good photos
I think it will look the same as our Recon Green Jeep Grand Cherokee

Attachments

• 16 JC 75th .jpg
    16 JC 75th .jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 75th Anna Jeep.jpg
    75th Anna Jeep.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 25