5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Built to Serve Edition leveling kit

rayray3

Reaction score
leveling kit question... 2024 built to serve edition,, sticker only states raised height. suspension company says I need a 3.5 inch lift to basically level the front end. I have installed spacer type,, and strut preload leveling kits on regular and Rebel models Gen 4 and 5 .. Problem/question is, the Rebel and Built to Serve are factory lifted,, but are they the same type of lift ???? with a 2-2.5 inch lift.. will I need to replace the control arms or just bolt the spacer to the top of the strut. ??? P S Not good at writing exactly what I am thinking .. So I see several companys list certain kits for Rebel vs Bighorn models as being different. Should I be looking for a leveling kit for a Rebel or Just the Bighorn ?????

Last edited:

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The lift on the BTS comes from the springs which I think are the same as the rebel.
I did leveling shock on mine which seems to be the prefer method for most. Belltech , Bilstein 5100, eiback are some choices
I am almost level at 2.5 total up front - 1" from stock spings and plus 1.5" from the leveling shocks. I didn't do new uca's but it is recommended.
many have also done leveling pucks - but if you do like a 2' puck and the 1" from the springs you would 100% need new uca's at 3" lift

rayray3

Reaction score
Thanks, what I have so far is most leveling kits state not for rebel, on my 2019 I had to do a spacer in the strut. They said no to a strut extension. I cannot figure out if the Built to Serve suspension componets are the same or not as the Rebel.. So you are saying use a whole new strut assembly to obtain the required lift up front. I skipped the leveling on my 2022 due to the confusion on what suspension mods were done to the BTS to get the advertised 2 inches of lift from the factory.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, what I have so far is most leveling kits state not for rebel, on my 2019 I had to do a spacer in the strut. They said no to a strut extension. I cannot figure out if the Built to Serve suspension componets are the same or not as the Rebel.. So you are saying use a whole new strut assembly to obtain the required lift up front. I skipped the leveling on my 2022 due to the confusion on what suspension mods were done to the BTS to get the advertised 2 inches of lift from the factory.
this is the most popular and not to expensive.
open up the instructions manual, and you will see you that you must not go pass clip # 5 - clip 5 gives you 2" of lift and you should add new upper control arms if you are going for the max lift
Our trucks have the off road package that come with longer springs to give us 1" lift from stock not 2" - so if you go with the Bilstein's you will retain 1" from factory due to the springs plus what ever clip you choose to put the Bilstein's at from 0-2"
If you choose to go with a top hat spacer like one from motofab - you will need upper control arms and I heard some people have issues with the spring making contact with the knuckle. I would avoid this option for our trucks.
another thing is to get something from rough country already assemble. Or more expensive coil overs. it just depends on how much you want to spend

Ready Go

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm the lift from the Rebel/ORP/BtS springs?

General thought is 1", but I've read here that the ORP springs are 0.5" and the other 0.5" is the taller 33" tires on ORP compared to 32" tires on non-ORP.

Users who are viewing this thread