5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Built To Serve availability?

El_Draque

Reaction score
Are the Spitfire Orange Built to Serve trucks still available to be ordered or are they already all allocated? does anyone know?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is purely speculative, as only a dealer will probably be able to give you a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ by going into their ordering system, but I would imagine that it is probably too late to order one...especially the Spitfire as it has the lowest production numbers of any of the BTS releases.

They were announced a few weeks back and I believe they go into production the beginning of April, so I imagine they might already be allocated. The BTS trucks have such a short window for ordering...many are unsuccessful in placing a special order for one.

El_Draque

Reaction score
This is purely speculative, as only a dealer will probably be able to give you a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ by going into their ordering system, but I would imagine that it is probably too late to order one...especially the Spitfire as it has the lowest production numbers of any of the BTS releases.

They were announced a few weeks back and I believe they go into production the beginning of April, so I imagine they might already be allocated. The BTS trucks have such a short window for ordering...many are unsuccessful in placing a special order for one.
thats what I figured, ill ask dealer but probably SOL

Oilslick

Reaction score
FYI... I ordered a white "Built to Serve" edition (also Coast Guard series) on March 18th. My dealer stated that Ram was only taking orders on "sold" vehicles. Meaning that dealerships couldn't even order them for their inventory. They had to have it ordered and sold to a customer. I'm not sure if this is just for the "B.T.S. edition or not. I didn't ask.

:unsure:

Maxx102

Reaction score
I went to the dealership because they had a Tank color BTS that arrived on the transported on Friday at 11 am. The sales guy emailed me as he was leaving Friday evening that the truck had undergone their "pre-sales" check where they remove all of the plastic and whatever else is done and would be available for sale on Saturday.

The dealership opened at 9 am and I arrived at about 9:20. I meet up with the salesman and he goes to grab the keys so I could go look at it and perhaps test drive it. He comes back and he tells me it has been sold already. Not sure if this was a sold to a customer or a dealer to dealer trade / sale type thing but it wasn't available. He was shocked and so was I and his sales manager was being very tight lipped about it so in hindsight - perhaps an employee sale? Don't know....

Anyway - the point I was going to make is they offered to place a special order for a BTS for me. Since I knew there were a few other colors, I asked what was available. Hoping that a BTS in Silver, Anvil, Gator, or Tank would be available. Only choice available right now for BTS is Spitfire Orange or White.

Oilslick

Reaction score
I went to the dealership because they had a Tank color BTS that arrived on the transported on Friday at 11 am. The sales guy emailed me as he was leaving Friday evening that the truck had undergone their "pre-sales" check where they remove all of the plastic and whatever else is done and would be available for sale on Saturday.

The dealership opened at 9 am and I arrived at about 9:20. I meet up with the salesman and he goes to grab the keys so I could go look at it and perhaps test drive it. He comes back and he tells me it has been sold already. Not sure if this was a sold to a customer or a dealer to dealer trade / sale type thing but it wasn't available. He was shocked and so was I and his sales manager was being very tight lipped about it so in hindsight - perhaps an employee sale? Don't know....

Anyway - the point I was going to make is they offered to place a special order for a BTS for me. Since I knew there were a few other colors, I asked what was available. Hoping that a BTS in Silver, Anvil, Gator, or Tank would be available. Only choice available right now for BTS is Spitfire Orange or White.
If you search Ram's official website for dealerships, you can probably find a few out there in the colors you are looking for. Some dealerships actually have them on their lot.

(y)

Maxx102

Reaction score
Oilslick - you are correct. I did do the search thing and there is a similar truck that is currently "in transit" to a different dealer. I reached out to them to find out an ETA so I can be there to look at it. So far no response.

According to Ram's website, the BTS currently on dealer's sites are one Tank with a panoramic sunroof (which I don't like) and fire engine red ones. I can't find Anvil, Silver, or Gator anywhere.....must be 2020 BTS colors.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
All the BTS trucks have closed except Orange and white.

Gator, Black and Gray are sold out. The others still have some availability

Users who are viewing this thread