5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

build your 2021 truck when you can't order 2021

MatthewMjr

Reaction score
Hi,

I went to the Ram dealer in late may. I placed an order for a new Ram Limited. They called me and said we can't place an order for a 21 I told them place one for a 22. The salesman said okay we will. I got a text from him on July 1 telling me that they could start orders for the 22's did I want to order it? Mind you I put 2K down in May. I told him yes but why did you not tell me that you were not able to order the truck until now? He said oh I thought I had. I have a VIN 120442. D status. I have done on line chats with the on line chat system. They can't tell me anything other than they are getting the parts together for it and once that happens they will have a build date. I kind of wish I had taken one of the 2 they had on the lot. But I did not want a black truck. I have no idea when I will get the truck at this point. I feel the dealers have people who don't know much about the ordering system. Pretty bad when your buying a truck that costs north of 70K.

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I went to the ram dealer in late may. I placed an order for a new Ram Limited. They called me and said we can't place an order for a 21 I told them place one for a 22. The salesman said okay we will. I got a text from him on July 1 telling me that they could start orders for the 22's did I want to order it? Mind you I put 2K down in May. I told him yes but why did you not tell me that you were not able to order the truck until now? He said oh I thought I had. I have a VIN 120442. D status. I have done on line chats with the on line chat system. They can't tell me anything other than they are getting the parts together for it and once that happens they will have a build date. I kind of wish I had taken one of the 2 they had on the lot. But I did not want a black truck. I have no idea when I will get the truck at this point. I feel the dealers have people who don't know much about the ordering system. Pretty bad when you buying a truck that costs north of 70K.
I've added you to the tracking chart, you can keep an eye on the 2022 progress (once it starts) on this thread. You r name will show up on the chart tomorrow morning when I post an update.

MatthewMjr

Reaction score
I've added you to the tracking chart, you can keep an eye on the 2022 progress (once it starts) on this thread. You r name will show up on the chart tomorrow morning when I post an update.

Thank you so much. Any idea when they will start building the 22"s? I head the 28th of August but not sure about that??

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you so much. Any idea when they will start building the 22"s? I head the 28th of August but not sure about that??
The chart on that thread has the latest assumptions.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Where do I find the chart?
Here's the latest update from this morning. Watch that thread, as I provide updates daily-ish.

Finley

Reaction score
They cut off the 2021 orders in early May.
My 2022 order went in on May 20th (didn’t have pricing yet, but made a deal based on 2021 pricing). I had a VIN within a few days.
If you don’t have a VIN, then I don’t think they’ve put in your order.
Vin # 1C6RREFGXNN102292

L1011

Reaction score
It's the same on the Jeep side. Whatever you can build in their online configurator tool is not necessarily what you can order. I tried to buy a Rubicon last month and Jeep was forcing the $4,000 Xtreme Recon package on my order. I'm now looking at a '22 Rebel G/T instead. It seems, based on this thread, that RAM probably has a huge backlog already for the 2022 models. Makes me wonder how long it'll take to actually get my order.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's the same on the Jeep side. Whatever you can build in their online configurator tool is not necessarily what you can order. I tried to buy a Rubicon last month and Jeep was forcing the $4,000 Xtreme Recon package on my order. I'm now looking at a '22 Rebel G/T instead. It seems, based on this thread, that RAM probably has a huge backlog already for the 2022 models. Makes me wonder how long it'll take to actually get my order.
If you order today, you should be realistically expecting December-February. That said, I've heard rumors that they'll be pushing some of the new packages to the front (Back Country, GT package, maybe even the 10th Anniversary Limited). So who knows, if you order a Rebel GT you might get it earlier.
And to answer your question on Ram's backlog - they already have about 65,000 trucks in the system to build (for the 2022 DT models)...and they haven't started building them yet.

Finley

Reaction score
Hi, can you direct me to where you have the tracker located? Thank you so much.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Look towards the back few pages of posts. In the near future, I'll peel off of that thread and there will be new daily/weekly threads on the 2022 production.

Users who are viewing this thread