5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

build your 2021 truck when you can't order 2021

Finley

Reaction score
In May went to 3 Ram Dealership to ordermy truck. 2 dealers said I would need to wait until they loaded the 2022 prices. One dealer, took $1000 deposit and ordered the truck but said it will Be a 2022. Still waiting?? Why is Ram advertising to build your 2021when you can't order one???

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are always a little slow to update the build and price site, but it's never really been a true representation of what you can or can't order anyway. It's more a tool for you to get an general idea of cost (prices/options/packages change throughout the year so those are often not exactly right), or to find a vehicle in dealer stock similar to your 'build'. The dealer system is the only true method to build/order what you want. Unfortunately with the microchip shortage, Covid absenteeism, other supplier issues, and the plant being shut down the last 2 weeks for '22 changeover your wait will probably be fairly long. I know there's been a few threads on here concerning people's recent wait time experiences with orders.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
In May went to 3 Ram Dealership to ordermy truck. 2 dealers said I would need to wait until they loaded the 2022 prices. One dealer, took $1000 deposit and ordered the truck but said it will Be a 2022. Still waiting?? Why is Ram advertising to build your 2021when you can't order one???
Did your dealer give you a Priced Order Confirmation sheet?

Finley

Reaction score
Did your dealer give you a Priced Order Confirmation sheet?
They provided a break down of my trade in and adjusted up 3% since they didn't have the 2022 numbers. All 3 dealer said that the system would not let them order a 2021.

Finley

Reaction score
They are always a little slow to update the build and price site, but it's never really been a true representation of what you can or can't order anyway. It's more a tool for you to get an general idea of cost (prices/options/packages change throughout the year so those are often not exactly right), or to find a vehicle in dealer stock similar to your 'build'. The dealer system is the only true method to build/order what you want. Unfortunately with the microchip shortage, Covid absenteeism, other supplier issues, and the plant being shut down the last 2 weeks for '22 changeover your wait will probably be fairly long. I know there's been a few threads on here concerning people's recent wait time experiences with orders.
Thank you been waiting since May 16th.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you been waiting since May 16th.
They cut off the 2021 orders in early May.
My 2022 order went in on May 20th (didn’t have pricing yet, but made a deal based on 2021 pricing). I had a VIN within a few days.
If you don’t have a VIN, then I don’t think they’ve put in your order.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have an order sheet with VIN/VON, ordered 13 weeks ago. Do you know if mine will be built.
I can’t say one way or the other. Several Canadian orders were converted to 2022’s. I don’t recall hearing of any US orders being converted.
There are still a handful of other users here who are waiting for their 2021 builds. I think Ram is still spitting out the last few, before they start up the 2022 line.
You should have your dealer look up your status in the system. Or contact Ram Chat tomorrow.

21RAMidnight

Reaction score
I can’t say one way or the other. Several Canadian orders were converted to 2022’s. I don’t recall hearing of any US orders being converted.
There are still a handful of other users here who are waiting for their 2021 builds. I think Ram is still spitting out the last few, before they start up the 2022 line.
You should have your dealer look up your status in the system. Or contact Ram Chat tomorrow.
Thanks fingers crossed

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The website is meant to reflect dealer inventory, thus only 2021

Finley

Reaction score
They cut off the 2021 orders in early May.
My 2022 order went in on May 20th (didn’t have pricing yet, but made a deal based on 2021 pricing). I had a VIN within a few days.
If you don’t have a VIN, then I don’t think they’ve put in your order.
Dealer says they have the Vin #

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dealer says they have the Vin #
Cool. If you’d like to be added to the tracking spreadsheet, let me know. I’ll need the last 6 digits of your vin, official order date, and trim.

Wlgtv

Reaction score
Cool. If you’d like to be added to the tracking spreadsheet, let me know. I’ll need the last 6 digits of your vin, official order date, and trim.
Please add me,

Order Date: March 15, 2021
New order Date - June 6, 2021 (Ram upgraded to 2022
Model: Ram 1500 Sport (Now 2022)

Thanks

Ramontario21

Reaction score
Been reading these forums a bit lately and decided to join to see if you guys could get me some info on my order.......Could you please add me to the tracking sheet ...i ordered a Ram 1500 Sport on March 24 and vin is 814484 and still have not seen my truck...the last update i got is that it was in D status ...thanks...

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Been reading these forums a bit lately and decided to join to see if you guys could get me some info on my order.......Could you please add me to the tracking sheet ...i ordered a Ram 1500 Sport on March 24 and vin is 814484 and still have not seen my truck...the last update i got is that it was in D status ...thanks...
I would say you need to check with your dealer. Most (all?) of the remaining Canadian orders were converted to 2022. And that will mean you have a new VIN. Digits 9-10 will be “NN”. Once you get that, I can add you.
I highly doubt that you still have a 2021 coming, as they’re turning out the 822xxx VINs now.

Ramontario21

Reaction score
I would say you need to check with your dealer. Most (all?) of the remaining Canadian orders were converted to 2022. And that will mean you have a new VIN. Digits 9-10 will be “NN”. Once you get that, I can add you.
I highly doubt that you still have a 2021 coming, as they’re turning out the 822xxx VINs now.
Been checking with dealer every week....still nothing new....i have read on here where a lot of the ontario orders have been switched over to 22...but i have not got an official word either way....its been so frustrating...i will send you the new vin if and when i get it....thanks

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are still building '21s till 8/30 (as of now). A few people will get their '21s before the switch.

boogerchicken

Reaction score
How do i get added to the list. And how do i check it? Thanks for info in advance

Ordered 7/31/21 Vin# 3C6UR5CJXNG138440 2022 Ram 2500 Tradesman

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How do i get added to the list. And how do i check it? Thanks for info in advance

Ordered 7/31/21 Vin# 3C6UR5CJXNG138440 2022 Ram 2500 Tradesman
Unfortunately, I'm not tracking HD trucks - only 1500 (DT) models. Your order is on a different timeline, and from a different factory. You might see what they've got going on at the HD Rams site.

Users who are viewing this thread