5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Build quality vs. Build date

TVANVA

Reaction score
Several possible reasons:
Dealers pay "rent" on unsold inventory. They want to unload the older ones to stop the bleeding.
Dealers have less knowledge to know what feature sets sell the best when a new model comes out. Their early guesses for stock orders don't sell as quickly. Also similar for the "mix" of quantities of each model to order, and this dealer guessed too many Limited models.
The incentives on the Limited are more limited (sorry, couldn't help myself). Bargain shoppers see the higher incentive models and buy more of them.
Demographics in your area mean more work oriented models sell better, and "fancy" Limited models sit longer.

.....or your idea that "Internet informed" buyers are more leary of early vehicles in a new model year.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We'll I got my 1st 2019 Laramie in tricoat white and had no scratches, but the bed sides and plastic trim parts did not match the tailgate, cab or doors. Also my brother in law bought a bright white BigHorn Crew and same issue with his.

Mine was so severe that my dealer bought it back with little to no help from FCA after more than a month and 700 miles in trips to visit the dealership.

If you look up where is the ivory paint thread, a member just rejected his new ivory truck order when it hit the dealer because he knew to look for the problems.

My new replacement came in 2 months after my ivory truck, I swapped keys and went home with a new granite Laramie.

RAM's paint quality seems to suck no matter the color....white and ivory double suck to the point where even a 20 foot view is horrible.
WOW THAT'S RIDICULOUS.

adaml9981

Reaction score
We'll I got my 1st 2019 Laramie in tricoat white and had no scratches, but the bed sides and plastic trim parts did not match the tailgate, cab or doors. Also my brother in law bought a bright white BigHorn Crew and same issue with his.

Mine was so severe that my dealer bought it back with little to no help from FCA after more than a month and 700 miles in trips to visit the dealership.

If you look up where is the ivory paint thread, a member just rejected his new ivory truck order when it hit the dealer because he knew to look for the problems.

My new replacement came in 2 months after my ivory truck, I swapped keys and went home with a new granite Laramie.

RAM's paint quality seems to suck no matter the color....white and ivory double suck to the point where even a 20 foot view is horrible.

Holy cow, that is pathetic. how does that even leave the factory? Not a ram owner yet but wow that has me questioning if i want one.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this. Thankfully, my White Tri-Coat is perfect and there are no color issues anywhere on my truck. Mine was a November 2018 build.

Users who are viewing this thread