5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Build & Price shenanigans?

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Ram folks are constantly tweaking the Build & Price tool on the back end, or if it's just really buggy?

Beyond the trailer tow and V6 availability kerfluffles, the pricing for the Longhorn is screwy. I've somewhat obsessively built out a Longhorn and a Limited with identical options and packages 5-6 times over the past week or two, and the pricing for the Longhorn has been all over the map while the Limited's pricing has stayed the same. The identical builds on Friday and today came out with two different MSRPs for the Longhorn, $66,240 on Friday, and $68,035 today, while the Limited has stayed steady at $65,945.

Anyone else seen anything glitchy?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I think they are still tweaking it. The number of different combinations, options and trims is probably making it a little tricky. I remember when I bought my 2016, Adaptive cruise control was listed as on option on the Canadian build and price site, I searched high and low for one with Adaptive cruise and then found out that there was no such option available lol.

J

jimh4662@

I didn't want the air suspension. Or the moon roof. But built as much as I could on options similar to the Limited . It cost me more money for the Laramie longhorn. Without the air suspension and moonroof. Was like 62685.00. Irratated me but it is what it is. I saved the build site and go back once and awhile to see out of curiosity. It did fluctuate by a few dollars. But I locked in and ordered it March 12th. I have to stop looking it may drop in price... That would be not a good thing

Users who are viewing this thread