5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Budget muffler test

sppb32

Reaction score
I have a Flowmaster FlowFX (cut and clamp) muffler but is a little too mellow for me, looking for a bit more sound i decided to build my own, got some 3" offset bends and clamps of Ebay and a $54 "turbine" muffler. also ordered a Spintech Super pro 9000 series but didn't get shipped yet so i'll be driving around with this "turbine" thing, this is just some revs, engine was running for 2 minutes and it's really cold here, i was surprised i wasn't expecting it to sound this good or i would have made a cold start video, didn't drove it yet i still need to build and weld some hangers while it still on the ramps but it's already dark, i'll update the video tomorrow.
Video updated with a cold start

Last edited:

Joshua022

Reaction score
I’ve always loved the spintech 9000 sound, but was worried just swapping that would make drone to annoying in my truck. Keep us posted.

sppb32

Reaction score
I’ve always loved the spintech 9000 sound, but was worried just swapping that would make drone to annoying in my truck. Keep us posted.
It's ready to go in, I got all the parts in today, 9000XL, just need to fit it in and weld some hangers.
b74d425aa775991109941afd673289d6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Joshua022

Reaction score
It's ready to go in, I got all the parts in today, 9000XL, just need to fit it in and weld some hangers.
b74d425aa775991109941afd673289d6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk
Looking forward to a sound clip!

sppb32

Reaction score
Is that big ugly box the 9000XL?
Yes it is, it's not big but it's freaking heavy for it's size, i had it on for a week now and i like it but i'm not crazy about it, it sounds good at startup and rev up and almost silent on highway, it has a very deep tone, at low speed under load it has a little sound it's not drone but sounds weird with the MDS active but they all do, for my surprise it seams to flow very good.
I have another new-ish muffler on the way that i have been dying to test

MeOff

Reaction score
Yes it is, it's not big but it's freaking heavy for it's size, i had it on for a week now and i like it but i'm not crazy about it, it sounds good at startup and rev up and almost silent on highway, it has a very deep tone, at low speed under load it has a little sound it's not drone but sounds weird with the MDS active but they all do, for my surprise it seams to flow very good.
I have another new-ish muffler on the way that i have been dying to test
I did a Borla S Cat Back on my 2019 in Sept 2020. Love deep mellow tone. No drone even when MDS kicks in, all speds. You won't go wrong. Not so loud to effect the neighbors. Sounds like my ole' 71 Dodge Charger! Love it !

sppb32

Reaction score
I did a Borla S Cat Back on my 2019 in Sept 2020. Love deep mellow tone. No drone even when MDS kicks in, all speds. You won't go wrong. Not so loud to effect the neighbors. Sounds like my ole' 71 Dodge Charger! Love it !
I like to test new stuff and with a full exhaust system you can't cut, hack, weld, I like the Borla Atack though.
Here's a little video of the Spintech, it was raining here so allot of condensation.
And a tease of the new muffler i got today, sounds even better than the Spintech

sppb32

Reaction score
Finally i had some free time to make a short video of the Paradox muffler, it's just a muffler replacement the resonators are still on, it has a very deep tone and very clean sound when warmed up, i leave to work at 5AM can't have it much louder than this, i hear it pretty well inside the house even though its at the end of the driveway, it was starting to snow here.
2020 Ram 5.7 Hemi Paradox muffler - YouTube

Users who are viewing this thread