5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Budd yard

Mason1217

Reaction score
Jefferson North doesn't have crap to do with new Ram trucks, or old ones for that matter. That's the Grand Cherokee plant. The Rams are built and stored on and off of Van **** between 15 to 16 mile road. Rams ship right from the assembly plant, there are 5 different railroad tracks the come right into the hold yard. Screenshot_20181102-144527_Maps.jpg Screenshot_20181102-144535_Maps.jpg

Wxgs333

Reaction score
Jefferson North doesn't have crap to do with new Ram trucks, or old ones for that matter. That's the Grand Cherokee plant. The Rams are built and stored on and off of Van **** between 15 to 16 mile road. Rams ship right from the assembly plant, there are 5 different railroad tracks the come right into the hold yard.

Thanks~ but I was told the Jefferson North is also called the Budd Yard ---- Or there are many other "Budd Yards"? From your google satellite maps, it does look like many pickup trucks parked there...

Mason1217

Reaction score
Thanks~ but I was told the Jefferson North is also called the Budd Yard ---- Or there are many other "Budd Yards"? From your google satellite maps, it does look like many pickup trucks parked there...
Not sure about Budd Yard, all I can think of is there used to be a huge automotive supplier in Detroit called Budd Wheel. Not sure if "Budd Yard" is where the former company used to be? In any event, unless you are waiting on a Grand Cherokee, that news article wont affect your order lol.

knightro84

Reaction score
Budd Yard is the old Budd Wheel auto parts plant. It was torn down last summer to create a new shipment yard for FCA.

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/artic...6/lets-see-budd-wheel-plant-implode-new-angle

Also, according to my tracking my truck is going to be shipped via truck from SHAP to New Boston, MI where it will then catch a train to Maryland, and then trucked to the dealer in Northern VA. You can see a big auto shipping yard just to the southwest of Detroit Metro Wayne County Airport on google maps.

Last edited:

Mason1217

Reaction score
Budd Yard is the old Budd Wheel auto parts plant. It was torn down last summer to create a new shipment yard for FCA.

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/artic...6/lets-see-budd-wheel-plant-implode-new-angle

Also, according to my tracking my truck is going to be shipped via truck from SHAP to New Boston, MI where it will then catch a train to Maryland, and then trucked to the dealer in Northern VA. You can see a big auto shipping yard just to the southwest of Detroit Metro Wayne County Airport on google maps.
I figured it must have been where Budd Wheel was. Seems odd that they truck it to a railyard when there's tracks that split off into like 6 rail lines to load directly on the assembly plants property?

syddog 2000

Reaction score
They should invest in more sturdy gates, or maybe better armed security.

Mason1217

Reaction score
They should invest in more sturdy gates, or maybe better armed security.
Armed security? They aren't even FCA employees lol, just some contract security company, they dont give a crap about vehicles getting stolen lol

Users who are viewing this thread