5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BTS firefighter addition

Quicksdraw92

Reaction score
Your dealer was wrong. There was an open window to custom order all BTS models. Just wasn't widely known when that window was. Especially the Army and Navy editions.

Figured as much, hopefully the OP can find a dealer that knows what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A few buddies of mine and myself have talked about about trading in our '20 or '21 to get this edition. Wives weren't completely onboard with it but we figure when there are 6-10 newer Rams in the parking like it would be awesome to have all the red ones lined up. Really glad they made one for Firefighters. Now just need to made a PD one.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score

JoeI21

Reaction score
i spoke with my local dealer. they were allocated one bts firefighter red straight from the factory. no customization take it or leave it kind of allocation. they still have no information on ordering details

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i spoke with my local dealer. they were allocated one bts firefighter red straight from the factory. no customization take it or leave it kind of allocation. they still have no information on ordering details
I had a feeling that’s how it was with these trucks. I’d expect a couple to be the exact same build, but for all of them to be the same and going to different dealers…I figured Ram was really limiting the customization or Ram was in complete control of the builds.

Last edited:

JoeI21

Reaction score
I had a feeling that’s how it was with these trucks. I’d expect a couple to be the exact same build, but for all of them to be the same and going to different dealers…I figured Ram was really limiting the customization or Ram was in complete control of the builds.
very unfortunate. the original bts line you could build to fit. i hope they change this new line back to that eventually.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
very unfortunate. the original bts line you could build to fit. i hope they change this new line back to that eventually.
I’d be surprised if you can actually order one. For the armed forces BTS trucks, ordering had to be be done well in advance.. particularly before production even started (from what I heard). I know from my experience, I started putting feelers out to multiple dealers when Ram first announced the Ceramic Gray production run, and even though many dealers said they could order one, when they actually tried to do so, they couldn’t. I luckily found the exact build I wanted on a truck in transit to a dealer. Had to go to another state to get it, but it worked out in the end.

Last edited:

JoeI21

Reaction score
I’d be surprised if you can actually order one. For the armed forces BTS trucks, ordering had to be be done well in advance.. particularly before production even started. I know from my experience, I started putting feelers out to multiple dealers when Ram first announced the Ceramic Gray production run, and even though many dealers said they could order one, when they actually tried to do so, they couldn’t. I luckily found the exact build I wanted on a truck in transit to a dealer. Had to go to another state to get it, but it worked out in the end.
how are you able to see the ones in transit?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
how are you able to see the ones in transit?
I use the Ram website's Search Inventory function. Unfortunately they don't have filters to narrow down the search by the Built to Serve Package and/or the Redline color. You can narrow it down by applying the Bighorn trim, 4x4, etc. options, and its pretty easy to spot the BTS trucks via the stock images in the results.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
From what my dealer said, when they were just sent the trucks without being able to order, they were options with the most common features of other Rams sold in that area. For my area, here in Nebraska, they were all Bighorn lvl2 with 3.92 gears. And then a mix of 12" and 8.4" displays with a few having the panoramic sunroof. Luckily I wanted 3.92 gears, 12" display and panoramic sunroof, so had three to choose from in Ceramic Gray. And I bought the one that was able to be delivered first

akostaac

Reaction score
I got mine about a month ago. I traded my 2021 for this one.

Attachments

• red3.jpg
    red3.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 23

Users who are viewing this thread