5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) on my backup camera

charley0667

Reaction score
What's up everyone,
I have had no success anywhere else so hopefully someone can help me here. I have had the BSOD and an alternating fuzzy screen along with my radio/satellite/bluetooth cutting out for some time. Below is what I have done so far
- Truck - 2020 Ram 2500
- Replaced the radio (part number 68422051AD - over $1,000) - No more fuzzy screen or cutting out but I do still have the BSOD on all the time.
- Replaced the backup camera (part number 04672735AD)
- Tested the connection from the radio to the backup camera using an ohms meter (I do not have the special tool #9977-6-8)
- Checked all fuses
- STILL getting BSOD
- Only code I am pulling is the B156D-00 LVDS (Low Voltage Differential Signal) video cable
Two things, when I purchased this radio from Dodge I contacted the parts guy back up and told him the supposed fix didn't work. He asked did I receive my pin number with the radio and I told him no. So I had to pull it back out, and send over the serial number along with my VIN to a different guy who gave me a pin. I then asked him what am I supposed to do with it and he really didn't have an answer. It never asked for a pin when I installed it and when I hook our computer up to it there is no option to add a pin or even relearn/reprogram the new radio. The other thing is, I am not sure if just using an ohms meter on the coax is good enough, I am thinking I might still be getting power and also having an issue at the same time.

Any help would be appreciated I have been dealing with this for over 6 months and all the dealerships I have called are a month out. It wouldn't be that big of an issue but I travel full time pulling a 14K trailer. Thanks!

charley0667

Reaction score
At this point maybe try disconnecting the battery over night. Not sure if it'll do anything but it's worth a shot.
Thank man there is absolutely no information or people that seem to know what is going on.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You are looking for answers on how to fix a vehicle, that is not a part of this forum, and you have done modification to, and complain that nobody knows?

charley0667

Reaction score
You are looking for answers on how to fix a vehicle, that is not a part of this forum, and you have done modification to, and complain that nobody knows?
Where should I go then Ram GURU??? Why don't you try to provide some input instead of criticism? Where do you get I modified something? I literally replaced parts with the exact parts through the Ram dealership.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Where should I go then Ram GURU??? Why don't you try to provide some input instead of criticism? Where do you get I modified something? I literally replaced parts with the exact parts through the Ram dealership.
Your 2500 is an HD Ram. The electronics are slightly different than the 5th Gen 1500s this forum supports. you might get better support over at hdrams.com

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I see it was already answered.

Users who are viewing this thread