5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brown Sludge on Coolant Dipstick?

GregSLC66

Reaction score
Similar issue with mine, turned out to be a failed oil cooler and cross contamination. Apparently it’s a thing with the 5.7 hemi 2019s?? Covered under extended warrantee for me. Good luck if that’s what it is for you.

Dallas Aggie

Reaction score
Similar issue with mine, turned out to be a failed oil cooler and cross contamination. Apparently it’s a thing with the 5.7 hemi 2019s?? Covered under extended warrantee for me. Good luck if that’s what it is for you.
Just dropped my 2019 off at the dealer with same cross contamination. They are going to look for the issue and call me this week.

Assuming I have the same oil cooler issue how long did it take to repair?

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
Took mine in when I first noticed this awhile back they said they ram a pressure test or whatever and everything was normal. But since reading this I wonder if they over looked this issue. It still have sludge since then

Dallas Aggie

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with the service advisor. Tech did a pressure test and found that the oil cooler failed allowing oil to get into the coolant and radiator. He said they ordered a new radiator, oil cooler and all hoses to replace.

He said the oil coolers fail on the 2019’s frequently due to the design. He said Ram changed the design starting 2021 and that I will be getting the new design.

shktrk

Reaction score
Is this cross contamination covered under our standard 5-year power train warranty?

Users who are viewing this thread