5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bright Lights!

kenthelawnguy

Reaction score
Did you lower the rear on any of them?
Did you level the front on any of them?
Did you lift any of them?
Do you carry weight in the bed?
Do you tow frequently?
You really shouldn't be getting flashed unless it's a Miata or go kart coming the other way.
No to all. I really think that driving with my dims on with the driving lights on as well will just throw some people off. I have seen some newer cars that can be hard to tell if their bright lights are on due to the pushing the limits of headlights on newer vehicles.

Last edited:

Code2medic

Reaction score
Hey Ya'll! I have got the 2020 Ram 1500 5.7 Liter Hemi BigHorn Edition with the LED lighting package and it seems that I always get flashed by other vehicles at night when my lights are on dim!! I am here to tell you, Ram was serious when they put headlights and tail lights on this fantastic truck! The lights are so good, I hardly ever use my bright lights.

Anyone else experience the same brightness? I really like it.
I’m a bit confused by your statement you get flashed when your lights are on dim..... there is no dim or bright setting for the led headlights.... and if you think they are bright you’re way off have you seen the ones on the jeeps they are ridiculously bright actually to bright since they used leds in a projector lens to amplify it...

coming from a former car with LED the ram 1500 led are not that bright or defined as much as they could be

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I’m a bit confused by your statement you get flashed when your lights are on dim..... there is no dim or bright setting for the led headlights.... and if you think they are bright you’re way off have you seen the ones on the jeeps they are ridiculously bright actually to bright since they used leds in a projector lens to amplify it...

coming from a former car with LED the ram 1500 led are not that bright or defined as much as they could be
I believe he means Low beam. And there is a difference on these trucks between high and low beam.

Code2medic

Reaction score
I believe he means Low beam. And there is a difference on these trucks between high and low beam.
There is a difference from high and low but his post said did not state that and I’m not on for assuming what someone else is trying to say anymore with the way the world is right now lol....

by comparison tho they cut corners on the output of these in my option

Rambo15

Reaction score
It's a little more scientific than that, but yeah ;)

Here's the procedure:
Think a page is missing - diagram but no measurements of what a, b and c etc are? I just parked the truck 25’ from a wall and made sure the dipped headlights are angled down 2” and not level - seems to be appreciated by oncoming traffic as no more flashes. Note the right headlamp beam angles up into the kerb side to help spot pesky deer

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a difference from high and low but his post said did not state that and I’m not on for assuming what someone else is trying to say anymore with the way the world is right now lol....

by comparison tho they cut corners on the output of these in my option
High/low, bright/dim. CMON. Is is really worth the argument. Play nice or go home.

Users who are viewing this thread