5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BREAKING: FCA Picks Ram & Jeep CEO Mike Manley To Replace Marchionne:

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
MarchionneManley.jpg
Sergio Marchionne, CEO FCA, and Mike Manley, President and CEO Jeep Brand, at the 2010 Paris Motor Show. (FCA Photo)​

For the past two years, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) Chairman and CEO Sergio Marchionne has been taunting the automotive press with retiring after 2018. Many of the automotive media have the questioned him about who is successor would be, especially this past month at the company’s “Capital Markets Day” event to discuss the company’s next 5-year plan. However, Marchionne has been very quiet about who he’s successor would be.

Many people assumed that his successor would be FCA Executive Director John Elkann, who holds several titles in the company as well as being an heir to the majority holder (the Angelli Family) of the company. Many other automotive sources said that Marchionne was looking for someone outside the company to man the helm after his departure, while many inside the company said that FCA Canada and former brand CEO Reid Bigland and Ram and Jeep CEO Mike Manley were in line for the top job.

To read the rest of the article click here to see it on MoparInsiders.

This now begs the question, who will take over where Manley left off with Jeep and Ram? Stay tuned to 5thGenRams and Moparinsiders for that information as it becomes available.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 1605
Sergio Marchionne, CEO FCA, and Mike Manley, President and CEO Jeep Brand, at the 2010 Paris Motor Show. (FCA Photo)​

For the past two years, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) Chairman and CEO Sergio Marchionne has been taunting the automotive press with retiring after 2018. Many of the automotive media have the questioned him about who is successor would be, especially this past month at the company’s “Capital Markets Day” event to discuss the company’s next 5-year plan. However, Marchionne has been very quiet about who he’s successor would be.

Many people assumed that his successor would be FCA Executive Director John Elkann, who holds several titles in the company as well as being an heir to the majority holder (the Angelli Family) of the company. Many other automotive sources said that Marchionne was looking for someone outside the company to man the helm after his departure, while many inside the company said that FCA Canada and former brand CEO Reid Bigland and Ram and Jeep CEO Mike Manley were in line for the top job.

To read the rest of the article click here to see it on MoparInsiders.

This now begs the question, who will take over where Manley left off with Jeep and Ram? Stay tuned to 5thGenRams and Moparinsiders for that information as it becomes available.
Interesting... any info on Mike Manley’s business philosophy, character, intellect, or policies? Does he think communicating with customers and making them feel valued is good or bad? ;)

Edit, you can see his past jobs under the “show more” button here: https://www.bloomberg.com/profiles/people/15047817-michael-manley

Last edited:

ichime

Reaction score
It sucks to hear about Sergio but he did one hell of a job with FCA despite some questionable decisions/products. I mean he saved two companies from bankruptcy essentially and now look where they're at. The company is responsible for the most awarded infotainment system with Uconnect, the most popular SUV with the Jeep Grand Cherokee and has a legit chance of taking the number 2 spot in pickup sales from Chevy.

Also, Hellcats and Demons.

I think Manley us the right guy for the job and I'm excited to see where FCA goes from here.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Manley is very passionate about the product, you can see it in interviews with him. He's had an impressive career at FCA so far with Jeep and Ram having record setting sales under his watch. I think he will do great things for FCA as a whole.

I also think Sergio did a great job as well and really turned things around for both Fiat and Chrysler, without him there might not even be a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram anymore. I agree not all his decisions were the best and he would sometimes put his foot in his mouth but business wise, he's a smart guy. Hopefully he's not going through anything he can't recover from.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Speaking of Grand Cherokees I just had a 2018 Grand Cherokee SRT for the day and will have the review with video up on Moparinsiders not next week but the week after. Amazing vehicle, I can say that for certain.

ichime

Reaction score
Speaking of Grand Cherokees I just had a 2018 Grand Cherokee SRT for the day and will have the review with video up on Moparinsiders not next week but the week after. Amazing vehicle, I can say that for certain.

A friend of mine recently got one and I was in the passenger seat. Let's just say it's better/scarier than some roller coaster rides!

ichime

Reaction score
Very sad to hear of his passing. Thoughts and prayers to his families, friends and colleagues.

Users who are viewing this thread