5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Break in period recommendations

Reaction score
Hey guys just recently received my 2022 Ram Rebel eTourqe v8 Hemi and would love to hear any proper break in recommendation and proper maintained along the way. This is my first ever brand new vehicle and I want to make sure I maintain her to the best of my abilities. I did search the forum and didn’t see a thread dedicated to this so I apologize if I miss it.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
When the computer tells you change the oil which is usually around 10,000 miles. Not sure why you would dump expensive full synthetic down the drain early. Most don't keep their trucks more than five years anyway. Why baby it for somebody else? I keep my vehicles clean and the do the required maintenance but I don't overdo it and waste money. Every vehicle I have traded has got me top dollar and it wasn't because the oil was changed every 5000 miles.
What a wasteful way to think of things, leaving a broken mess for the next unsuspecting person buying a used truck.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What a wasteful way to think of things, leaving a broken mess for the next unsuspecting person buying a used truck.
Running full synthetic oil to 10,000 miles is hardly leaving a broken mess for the next unsuspecting person. Been running synthetic for 25+ years starting with Amsoil and earliest I ever changed other standard full synthetic was 9,000 miles but typically go 10,000 miles. Ran Amsoil to 15,000 miles for many years with zero issues. Guessing over the years I have at least 500,000 miles, maybe closer to 750,000 miles total and never had a single engine problem. I know at least two of my old trucks are still going strong with well over 250,000 miles and not using a drop of oil with no lifter or other issues people seem to have. Motors have been untouched.

Drive your truck how you want and maintain according to what the manufacturer recommends. I don’t believe in babying my trucks either within reason. They’re built to take far more abuse than we can ever dish out. Unless your doing very heavy towing or hard off road use our trucks never even come close to being abused.

Last edited:

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys just recently received my 2022 Ram Rebel eTourqe v8 Hemi and would love to hear any proper break in recommendation and proper maintained along the way. This is my first ever brand new vehicle and I want to make sure I maintain her to the best of my abilities. I did search the forum and didn’t see a thread dedicated to this so I apologize if I miss it.
did anyone answer your question
just follow owners manual

Users who are viewing this thread