5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brakes Squealing When Backing Up

houdlm

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Rebel with 57K miles on it. A few months ago, I noticed that when I back out of my driveway in the morning there is a loud squeal. Not high pitched, but loud and EMBARRASSING. It does it when it's been raining, when it it's dry, cold, hot, high humidity, low humidity, etc... After the initial squeal it doesn't do it any more for the rest of the day, no matter how long it sits at work or how fast or how slow I go. When I reverse during the day there is no squeal, only in the mornings. I've read some of the threads here about brake squeal and wondered if there was a fix to this that someone has done? I'm trying to avoid taking it in and having to get a rental and dealing with the hassle of not having my truck to pull my boat right in the middle of the Bass spawn lol. The pads have a lot of meat left on them.

George Bednar

Reaction score
This is somewhat of a known issue. I say somewhat due to most of us experience the squeal when it is cold. My 2019 had this issue and there was a kit installed on the back brakes once the tech was able to reproduce the squeal (Had to stay at the dealer overnight so they could back it up first thing). My 2022 started doing this a few months ago. I am going to get it looked at when my oil change is due.

raygun9

Reaction score
Easy fix, you can do it in your driveway if you have some standard tools...

Mopar part number: 68446866AA

houdlm

Reaction score
Thank you Gentlemen, I'm going to look into ordering the Mopar kit.

raygun9

Reaction score
In my opinion it wasn't worth bringing it to the dealer to install it regardless of its under warranty or not. For $60 and about 45min I'd rather do it myself than have to deal with driving to the dealer or even having to speak with them and go back and forth about them pretending they can't hear it etc.

Users who are viewing this thread