5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brake stands don't work!

1htmn1

Reaction score
Hi guys, recently got myself a 2021 RAM 1500 limited and wanted to put the factory tires to rest and what better way to do that if not by doing burnouts! So I did some research online and these are the methods I tried:

Method 1: 2wd, rear axle lock, traction off. Step on the gas and as she begins to move, stomp on the brakes (tried feathering the brake pedal as well). As soon as I press the brake pedal, almost immediately power cuts off to the engine and the driver cluster screen shows "Performance may be limited. Press one pedal at a time" message. No burnout!

Method 2: Pull F26 fuse from engine bay fuse box. 2wd, rear axle lock. Try to do a burnout and the exact same thing happens again and I get the same message.

Anyone know what I could be doing wrong? Is there a way around this?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Note: I'm in the Middle East and the truck is middle east spec as well.

2021QCBH

Reaction score
Weird, mine will let me brake stand it to get one started. Non limited slip but it‘s balanced pretty well and will smoke both if the road is level and in good condition. Only tried it twice just to see if it would do it. Currently approaching 54k miles on the stock Goodyears with meat left. I could probably squeeze another 5k out of the tires.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Start with the brakes applied. Then hit the gas pedal and slightly let up on the brakes until the tires start to spin. Obviously, axle lock and traction control off. I've never had an issue with doing burnouts that way. I do have a TazerDT now and the line lock feature makes it far easier

1htmn1

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the input. I have my eye on the TazerDT but that is a future purchase. Just needed some new tires for now plus the car is under warranty so don’t want to mess with that just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1htmn1

Reaction score
Start with the brakes applied. Then hit the gas pedal and slightly let up on the brakes until the tires start to spin. Obviously, axle lock and traction control off. I've never had an issue with doing burnouts that way. I do have a TazerDT now and the line lock feature makes it far easier

Will try this. Maybe I was just getting the sequence wrong.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the input. I have my eye on the TazerDT but that is a future purchase. Just needed some new tires for now plus the car is under warranty so don’t want to mess with that just yet.

Lol don't want to mess with warranty but want to do burnouts in a Limited. Uhhhh? Maybe just don't beat your truck if you worrrred about damaging it. This isn't a cheap 1990 manual transmission beater car.

It's funny the truck is telling you not to drive with 2 pedals and you are getting a message then asking
Anyone know what I could be doing wrong?
I think I found it...

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lol don't want to mess with warranty but want to do burnouts in a Limited. Uhhhh? Maybe just don't beat your truck if you worrrred about damaging it. This isn't a cheap 1990 manual transmission beater car.

It's funny the truck is telling you not to drive with 2 pedals and you are getting a message then asking

I think I found it...
If you think doing a burnout causes any abuse to the truck, other than rear tires and rear brakes, you should definitely stick to paved roads, no extra loads other than passengers, and never let the engine get over 2500rpm.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you think doing a burnout causes any abuse to the truck, other than rear tires and rear brakes, you should definitely stick to paved roads, no extra loads other than passengers, and never let the engine get over 2500rpm.
Yeah, just possibly damage the tires, breaks, transmission. Nothing important. Wouldn't be surprised if some other sensor went with all the electronics in these trucks. OP is already getting error messages just trying to do a burnout.
OP doesn't want to "void their warranty" but what do you think would happen if he was doing a burnout outside a dealership and blew his transmission and limped it into the service bay and said it broke due to a factory defect?

To each their own though I suppose.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, just possibly damage the tires, breaks, transmission. Nothing important. Wouldn't be surprised if some other sensor went with all the electronics in these trucks. OP is already getting error messages just trying to do a burnout.
OP doesn't want to "void their warranty" but what do you think would happen if he was doing a burnout outside a dealership and blew his transmission and limped it into the service bay and said it broke due to a factory defect?

To each their own though I suppose.
Not going to hurt your transmission doing a burnout. Actually less stress on the transmission doing a burnout than when tires are gripping.

1htmn1

Reaction score

Happy to report this worked! Brakes before gas was the way to do it.

Now that I think of it, have only done burnouts in a manual before which is what threw me off.

Thanks for the tip!

2a2813e2eb6ebd69cf4256ab1b928295.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread