5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brake Pedal Makes Clicky Sound

kilcher

Reaction score
Searched but couldn't find anything on this. Bought my used (12,000 miles) 2019 2 weeks ago. This morning I took it to the dealer to have them troubleshoot the "brake moan" issue. They found the TSB, ordered the parts, and sent me on my way. On the way home I noticed the brake pedal was clicking quite a bit. Went back and they said they didn't do anything with it. It's quite possible it's been there all along, it's not real easy to hear with the radio on but now that I've heard it I can't unhear it, it's driving me nuts. Service adviser said it may be "normal" but we made an appointment to have it looked at more on Monday. Just wondering if anyone else has had this so I can be prepared. Thanks!

ETA: I did find a previous thread, apparently it's normal. Some posters there did manage to fix it themselves but I don't think I care enough to tear into it myself. Going to keep my appointment for now.

Previous thread - https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/clicking-sound-with-brake-pedal.13023/

Last edited:

Narg

Reaction score
Likely that's the brake light switch engaging.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Searched but couldn't find anything on this. Bought my used (12,000 miles) 2019 2 weeks ago. This morning I took it to the dealer to have them troubleshoot the "brake moan" issue. They found the TSB, ordered the parts, and sent me on my way. On the way home I noticed the brake pedal was clicking quite a bit. Went back and they said they didn't do anything with it. It's quite possible it's been there all along, it's not real easy to hear with the radio on but now that I've heard it I can't unhear it, it's driving me nuts. Service adviser said it may be "normal" but we made an appointment to have it looked at more on Monday. Just wondering if anyone else has had this so I can be prepared. Thanks!

ETA: I did find a previous thread, apparently it's normal. Some posters there did manage to fix it themselves but I don't think I care enough to tear into it myself. Going to keep my appointment for now.

Previous thread - https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/clicking-sound-with-brake-pedal.13023/

Hey kilcher,

Please be sure to keep us updated on how your appointment goes with your dealer. If you are in need of any further support for that appointment or when you go in for the TSB repair, we are just a PM away.

Mark
RamCares

Mikemarshallau

Reaction score
I had a similar issue i would not say it was clicking more like a creaking. It kind of felt like a spring creaking as it extended (more like a tactile type response as operating the pedal and was accompanied by a noise
I only found it after they worked on the adjustable pedal recall
from memory when i told them about it the took it back and my service slip said there was a separate recall or TSB associated with this creaking
i will try to remember to look this up when i get home and give you some details
it may be the same thing.
if you don't hear from me in a day or so give me a bump

Mikemarshallau

Reaction score
Here are the shots from my service slips
One is the original recall for adjustable pedals
The other is the fix for the noise I mentioned
Not sure if this will help but my experience

079bd44f0f740a2b6ed5e12d73d4a0c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bf041720d2289ef3e8acd9534455ca59.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread