5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brake Fluid Change

Oldphart

Reaction score
Are there any issues changing to DOT 5.0 (silicone) brake fluid? This is probably going to be my last vehicle and as I go along, I want to "upgrade" as I am able.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are there any issues changing to DOT 5.0 (silicone) brake fluid? This is probably going to be my last vehicle and as I go along, I want to "upgrade" as I am able.
There is absolutely no need to use DOT 5 brake fluid unless you will be track racing your truck where the brakes will get super hot. Also, you can not just drain the current brake fluid and add Dot 5. They are not compatible.

Shives

Reaction score
I know I am late to this party. Please understand the huge difference between the two. They are not compatible at all. If you run dot 5, your going to destroy your brake seals, and will have issues down the road.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know I am late to this party. Please understand the huge difference between the two. They are not compatible at all. If you run dot 5, your going to destroy your brake seals, and will have issues down the road.
👆

Users who are viewing this thread