5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bought a new Ram!

Glenn141

Reaction score
Going Monday to pick up a new 2019 Laramie crew cab 4x4 sport !!!
Hope it will be as good as my past Dodge/Ram trucks I've had.

Bought new in 02,03,09,2014(still have) and my son is driving a 2018 and my stepson just bought a 2019.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Congrats! Seems like you have a lot of Ram loyalty. Just in case you have any other NON FCA vehicles in the household, you can snag this extra rebate.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Do it within 60 days of purchase.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle or that you traded in a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

Glenn141

Reaction score
Congrats! Seems like you have a lot of Ram loyalty. Just in case you have any other NON FCA vehicles in the household, you can snag this extra rebate.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Do it within 60 days of purchase.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle or that you traded in a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

Sjay

Reaction score
Enjoy, I have had mine for about 2 months and I love it.

Glenn141

Reaction score
I was going to pick up my truck today but I'm now debating on possibly waiting for a 2020 vs the 2019 I set up a deal on.....I am paralyzed because of the recalls, TSB's and all around bad press I see on the 19 model. Its a beautiful truck with amazing features but I'm in fear of getting a bad one! Hope the 2020 has a lot of this sorted out because I see so much wrong like Lifter/Cam issues, Poor AC (im in FL) brake issues and excessive noise from them, 12" display problems, Audio issues, electric gremlins, leaking moonroofs, Sub par MPG, Trans issues...… it goes on. I always had good luck with all my prior Ram/Dodge trucks but I'm shaken to drop 50K+ on a 19 and it be a dog. Help.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had my 2019 Laramie for a year now and haven't had any of the problems others have had. If you can negotiate as good of a deal as you would get on buying a 2019, then go for the 2020.

VdMer

Reaction score
I was going to pick up my truck today but I'm now debating on possibly waiting for a 2020 vs the 2019 I set up a deal on.....I am paralyzed because of the recalls, TSB's and all around bad press I see on the 19 model. Its a beautiful truck with amazing features but I'm in fear of getting a bad one! Hope the 2020 has a lot of this sorted out because I see so much wrong like Lifter/Cam issues, Poor AC (im in FL) brake issues and excessive noise from them, 12" display problems, Audio issues, electric gremlins, leaking moonroofs, Sub par MPG, Trans issues...… it goes on. I always had good luck with all my prior Ram/Dodge trucks but I'm shaken to drop 50K+ on a 19 and it be a dog. Help.

If it makes you feel better, I am sure you can assume about 1% representation or less on these forums of Ram owners throughout the English speaking world. The enthusiast, voyeurs, and issuers of complaints. Search and you will find such concerns for any make, model, year of any vehicle - or anything that is made. 2019 owner here and I've had no issues that have kept me awake on dropping a lot of coin (knock on the head) but the recalls for break pedal and bolt under seat, which weren't really issues I was aware of while driving but they're fixed easily. I came from an F150 and had barely driveable issues in my first year that never went away. So, i feel your reservations, I had them...but to date, they haven't been realized - just a year this November and 16K miles of continued confidence. BTW - Not sure I've seen the bad press either, just the opposite...Truck of Year, Top safety ratings, basically leading edge in many areas that has the rest of the pack following to catch up to.

Users who are viewing this thread