5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla s type resonator add on

LMM

Reaction score
If you could redo the purchase would you have gotten the touring exhaust instead of the atak? I live in a quiet community and I want my 2019 to have a growl but as a daily driver nothing that would be too loud.
I got the Touring put on yesterday. Too loud. My husband refuses to drive it now. And to me it has a highway drone. I’m crushed at the money I spent to get the sound I was trying to avoid. I sure hope if I put a resonator on it will be what I’m looking for. Argh!!

DLT123

Reaction score
I got the Touring put on yesterday. Too loud. My husband refuses to drive it now. And to me it has a highway drone. I’m crushed at the money I spent to get the sound I was trying to avoid. I sure hope if I put a resonator on it will be what I’m looking for. Argh!!
I had the same experience, so I bought the Borla front resonator (part number 60667). What a world of difference it made! It is now almost too quiet for my taste, but I am happier with the Touring + resonator.

Bizkit

Reaction score
I had the same experience, so I bought the Borla front resonator (part number 60667). What a world of difference it made! It is now almost too quiet for my taste, but I am happier with the Touring + resonator.
Did the resonator help with cabin noise? I also have the touring and it is like right on the edge sound wise for me of being to loud. Love the cold start and idle though. I was thinking of adding the resonator but was scared I would go back close to stock. I love some rumble but trips can be annoying at times. What do you think now that you have had the resonator for awhile?

Woolnerc

Reaction score
I got the s-type.. loved the sound.. wife not so much. Drove for a week or two.. had to cave.. it was a bit much. Cold start, stop go traffic, high way.. not a drone.. just to much awesome.. got a the borla resonator welded on.. now perfect for me. Still alittle much for her.. but i can live with that. Cold start up.. lets me be a kid.. stop go and daily, mild but definitely purr noise to let you know you sent alittle cash. Highway.. less than typical road noise in cabin, perfect.. stamp on the gas 100%, wakes up and says here what you really wanted.. but thats me, almost 40, alittle fatter than i once was, two kid seats in the back, but still a child at heart on occasion.

DLT123

Reaction score
Did the resonator help with cabin noise? I also have the touring and it is like right on the edge sound wise for me of being to loud. Love the cold start and idle though. I was thinking of adding the resonator but was scared I would go back close to stock. I love some rumble but trips can be annoying at times. What do you think now that you have had the resonator for awhile?
Yes, by a *lot.* From the driver's seat, my exhaust sounds almost exactly the same as it did the day it was delivered. To my uncalibrated ears, I am only hearing about 10% of the volume that the Borla Touring had added prior to the installation of the resonator. That said, a car enthusiast friend told me that my exhaust sounded GREAT the other day, after I slowly drove away from his house.

Bizkit

Reaction score
I got the s-type.. loved the sound.. wife not so much. Drove for a week or two.. had to cave.. it was a bit much. Cold start, stop go traffic, high way.. not a drone.. just to much awesome.. got a the borla resonator welded on.. now perfect for me. Still alittle much for her.. but i can live with that. Cold start up.. lets me be a kid.. stop go and daily, mild but definitely purr noise to let you know you sent alittle cash. Highway.. less than typical road noise in cabin, perfect.. stamp on the gas 100%, wakes up and says here what you really wanted.. but thats me, almost 40, alittle fatter than i once was, two kid seats in the back, but still a child at heart on occasion.
So idling still sounds bad ***?

Bizkit

Reaction score
Yes, by a *lot.* From the driver's seat, my exhaust sounds almost exactly the same as it did the day it was delivered. To my uncalibrated ears, I am only hearing about 10% of the volume that the Borla Touring had added prior to the installation of the resonator. That said, a car enthusiast friend told me that my exhaust sounded GREAT the other day, after I slowly drove away from his house.
So idling still sounds bad ***? Can you hear your truck crank in a parking lot using remote start?

Bizkit

Reaction score
I am still debating on the resonator. If you ranked your touring without a resonator noise wise at a 10 and stock was a 1 where would you rank the touring with resonator?

DLT123

Reaction score
I am still debating on the resonator. If you ranked your touring without a resonator noise wise at a 10 and stock was a 1 where would you rank the touring with resonator?
Maybe a 3 at most. Good quality sound, but not much increase in volume over bone stock. Keep in mind that my truck never had a front resonator, so it may have been a bit louder from the factory than a bone stock 2019-2020 HEMI, if that's what you're driving.

shurik74

Reaction score
Ended up buying resonator, Type-s is too loud on cold start especially at 6am :)

Took me 40 mins the most to install, super easy... sounds much better now, pretty much what I wanted initially
WhatsApp Image 2022-01-14 at 4.40.19 PM.jpeg

ShadowWolf206

Reaction score
@shurik74
I've been on the fence about doing the resonator too.

Did the install process require any cutting? The Borla website had said that cutting would be required. (Part# 60667)
This is the main reason I've been putting it off.

shurik74

Reaction score
@shurik74
I've been on the fence about doing the resonator too.

Did the install process require any cutting? The Borla website had said that cutting would be required. (Part# 60667)
This is the main reason I've been putting it off.
Correct... cutting is required. Resonator comes with detailed instructions how to do it.
WhatsApp Image 2022-01-14 at 4.39.13 PM (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-01-14 at 4.39.14 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-01-14 at 4.40.18 PM.jpeg

shurik74

Reaction score
You had a stock resonator there originally? My truck did not have a resonator here, and my Borla S type is very loud.

How did the sound change when switching to the borla resonator?
Looks like yes, there was a stock resonator!

Sound dropped by 30-40% I would say, especially on cold start which was important to me! I don't want to be one of those neighbors :sneaky:

Bizkit

Reaction score
I was thinking of ordering the resonator for my truck. I have the touring. I do have the stock resonator on mine. Will replacing the stock resonator with the Borla resonator make a difference?

G5RAM

Reaction score
So I put on the Borla S Type (#140752) and it's loud. Putting on Borla resonator (#60667). Hopefully it will quit it down a little. Total length 18 3/4". Resonator 10". Diameters Pipe 3" Res 5".

Attachments

• Borla.jpg
    Borla.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Borla Res 2.jpg
    Borla Res 2.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Borla Res.jpg
    Borla Res.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread