5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla exhaust with optional resonator?

Snakes709

Reaction score
Installed the Borla Atak exhaust. Love the aggressive tone but abit to loud for my liking. They have a optional resonator but the instructions say to cut out the oem resonator and replace it with theirs. Seems counter productive? Any suggestions the route i should take to quiet it down abit but still maintain the tone?

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not sure you will be able to accomplish that without swapping the muffler. One suggestion would be to put it up for sale or trade here (preferably someone local) and if you want to stick with borla, swap it for the S

If you happen to find someone with the Sport who wants and Attack and they aren’t local and already have it installed, you might each be able to just remove your mufflers (should be one cut), leave the pipes installed, ship each other the muffler, then have a shop weld the new muffler in place.

Snakes709

Reaction score
Not sure you will be able to accomplish that without swapping the muffler. One suggestion would be to put it up for sale or trade here (preferably someone local) and if you want to stick with borla, swap it for the S

If you happen to find someone with the Sport who wants and Attack and they aren’t local and already have it installed, you might each be able to just remove your mufflers (should be one cut), leave the pipes installed, ship each other the muffler, then have a shop weld the new muffler in place.

Yea i been debating putting it up for sale and maybe get the touring or s type. About go go on a trip (Edmonton Aberta to las vegas then to San fransico and up the coast back to edmonton). Gonna be abit annoying with the exhaust.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yea i been debating putting it up for sale and maybe get the touring or s type. About go go on a trip (Edmonton Aberta to las vegas then to San fransico and up the coast back to edmonton). Gonna be abit annoying with the exhaust.

Well if you put out feelers here maybe someone will want to do a swap, attack for S, and they will be on the way during your road trip. You can meet at a muffler shop and swap!

Snakes709

Reaction score
Perhaps. Think im getting old. Back in the day i would have absolutely loved this db level but im turning into an old man lol

Users who are viewing this thread