5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla Atak vs S-type

DownNTexas

Reaction score
I have the S-Type on my 2019 Laramie, and I am still so glad, five years later, that I went S-Type and not ATAK or even CORSA brand. The Borla S-Type is the deep, throaty sound that the HEMI deserves.
Been a few months, but I'm in the middle of this myself. I've been leaning Corsa Sport because of their "no drone" reputation and the fact that the tips are double walled.. they look better constructed to me.

However, I do like the "true V8" sound of the Borla S-Type. What's the cab noise like while driving, cruising? Would you describe it as having a noticeable drone?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Been a few months, but I'm in the middle of this myself. I've been leaning Corsa Sport because of their "no drone" reputation and the fact that the tips are double walled.. they look better constructed to me.

However, I do like the "true V8" sound of the Borla S-Type. What's the cab noise like while driving, cruising? Would you describe it as having a noticeable drone?
Borla has zero drone. You can hear the exhaust if you keep stereo turned down but it's not drone. I've had drone in previous vehicles exhaust set ups, and it's horrible. I would agree they could upgrade the tips some, but the length of the tips adds to the sound. The Corsa uses much shorter tips so easier to make double walled when they are only 6" long

Users who are viewing this thread