5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boost auto parts power folding tow mirrors

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I couldn’t find anything on here about these. Looks like they are a good option for anyone who wants to add tow mirrors but was waiting for the power fold option. I may get a set of these myself. There is even a YouTube video that shows the step by step install instructions. They have an option to make the turn signal light on the mirror a running light as well. It says they are plug and play for whatever options your truck currently has. Heated mirrors, power adjust, power fold

David525

Reaction score
I ordered a set today, I ordered the black with smoked LED turn, power fold, heated on both upper and lower mirrors, blind spot. Everything else comes standard (Puddle light and temp sensor). I didn't want the running light option and in the pictures they have, it looks like the strip lighting protrudes a little from the housing. It does look like I will loose auto dimming and memory. Auto dimming I could care less as my windows are tinted and memory I will miss but not a deal breaker.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered a set today, I ordered the black with smoked LED turn, power fold, heated on both upper and lower mirrors, blind spot. Everything else comes standard (Puddle light and temp sensor). I didn't want the running light option and in the pictures they have, it looks like the strip lighting protrudes a little from the housing. It does look like I will loose auto dimming and memory. Auto dimming I could care less as my windows are tinted and memory I will miss but not a deal breaker.
Nice, once you get them installed let us know what you think

Jasondeike

Reaction score
I went this route, and installed them without any problems. Note that the Boost Auto Mirrors do not support Auto Dim or Memory functions, but everything else will work if you chose those options upon ordering. I will check back if anything ends up not working, or I have issues.

Ratchet

Reaction score
Just installed a set on my 1500 as well. Had to get chrome since black is backordered. No complaints at all as these are quite a bit more robust vs the factory. The power fold motors are much stronger than factory as well. Zero fitment issues. Also did not install the reinforcement brackets.

Ratchet

Reaction score
Would you please post a few pictures of your install.
I didn't take any install photos. Boost has an installation video on their website if you would like for me to link you to that. The only photos I can provide are post install.

TANDREW822

Reaction score
Whenever you get a chance please let see the post install, also how do you like them?

Ratchet

Reaction score
I'll grab some photos tomorrow. Already getting dark here. So far, I'm impressed with them. They're beefy right out of the box. The factory mirrors just felt cheap. Driving around in "normal" mode, there is zero vibration just like factory. The glass is super clear as well. I have not driven with them flipped out yet as I refuse to ride around with them flipped when not towing, but will be towing the camper this weekend and can give a full report when I get back home. :)

Ratchet

Reaction score
Boost Auto Parts 5th gen plug and play tow mirrors. Complete with powerfold, puddle lighting, heated upper glass, and outside ambient air temp sensor. If your vehicle does not have powerfold, additional parts are needed. Mine did have PF options so these were completely plug and play. Money well spent. Can't wait to tow with them this weekend. The micro mini convex in the factory mirrors is almost useless.

Attachments

• IMG_6157.JPEG
    IMG_6157.JPEG
    179.2 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_6158.JPEG
    IMG_6158.JPEG
    148 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_6159.JPEG
    IMG_6159.JPEG
    116.4 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_6160.JPEG
    IMG_6160.JPEG
    196 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_6162.JPEG
    IMG_6162.JPEG
    138.3 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_6161.JPEG
    IMG_6161.JPEG
    199.5 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_6163.JPEG
    IMG_6163.JPEG
    207.4 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_6164.JPEG
    IMG_6164.JPEG
    168.3 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_6165.JPEG
    IMG_6165.JPEG
    128.1 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

TANDREW822

Reaction score
Thanks. Nice job with the pictures, mirrors look really good. I've been using the clip on mirrors every time I tow my TT, real pain as every time I slam the doors i need to readjust the blind-spot mirror. I do have the PF options, so I believe It's time to order myself a set of these for my truck as well.

Ratchet

Reaction score
I did a soft hookup to the camper tonight. Yeah, there will be zero problems seeing what's behind me with these. The convex will be my new friends on the road.

BlackBettyRamJam

Reaction score
Finally got these installed yesterday. I ordered these in April for my 2019 and then 2 days later got a great trade in offer request from my dealer and a great deal on ordering a 2021 which came in last week. Install was easy but as others noted memory doesn't work so a little bummed that tilt in reverse doesn't work for backing in my narrow driveway. Fortunately the convex mirror allows me to see those hostas. PXL_20210707_014825879.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20210707_014841872.jpg
    PXL_20210707_014841872.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 45

Rhombus

Reaction score
Question for those who purchased these. In prior years, there was an internal support bracket to order for the extra weight of these mirrors. I have a set of the brackets, but they won’t work on a 2020, and I cannot find any part numbers for 2020-2022 supportbrackets for 1500’s. Did any of you who installed the use any type of support bracket? If not, have you had any issues with vibration or ny other issues from not having the support bracket? I’m ready to install mine but won’t to clarify this before I tear into the doors.
thanks

Oneservant

Reaction score
For those of you who have these...rotating the mirrors upward in the tow position (-so the convex mirror is on the bottom), is this automatic or do you have to manually rotate upwards?

Jray22

Reaction score
For those of you who have these...rotating the mirrors upward in the tow position (-so the convex mirror is on the bottom), is this automatic or do you have to manually rotate upwards?
I believe you have to manually pull these out and rotate, just like the Factory. I don’t have mine installed yet. These work great, if your truck didn’t come stock with BSM. 🙄

70K and BSM is an option these days. 🤣

Ratchet

Reaction score
I have power adjust, power fold, but manual flip up. I'm not aware of any power flip models.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe you have to manually pull these out and rotate, just like the Factory. I don’t have mine installed yet. These work great, if your truck didn’t come stock with BSM. 🙄

70K and BSM is an option these days. 🤣
Boost does offer BSM indicator lights if desired. Each set of mirrors are built to order based on the options that the customer selects at the time of purchase. I'm strongly considering going this route after a few failed attempts at sourcing OEM power fold tow mirrors.

Users who are viewing this thread