5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Body Armor Ambush on BTS

friendshipm

Reaction score
Well, I finally for the new bumper installed on my 2020 BTS in Gator Green.

Body Armor Ambush running with factory sensor. For lighting I have Rigid Industries D2 pods wired direct to the factory fog switch (still has all factory capabilities like the left/right turn function). As well as a Pro Comp DR30 30" bar in the middle on its own switch. All in all, it took about 2 hours to install and wire up everything and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

Attachments

• Lights on.jpg
    Lights on.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 255
  • No lights.jpg
    No lights.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 257

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's a good looking bumper! 840 retail, did you get a deal by chance?

It looks like a nice alternative to the ADD bumper, I wonder if BodyArmor will have a rear bumper in the works

1610154737716.png

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well, I finally for the new bumper installed on my 2020 BTS in Gator Green.

Body Armor Ambush running with factory sensor. For lighting I have Rigid Industries D2 pods wired direct to the factory fog switch (still has all factory capabilities like the left/right turn function). As well as a Pro Comp DR30 30" bar in the middle on its own switch. All in all, it took about 2 hours to install and wire up everything and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.
Super sweet! So all in, bumper and lights, what's the investment?

Jeansebplante

Reaction score
Very nice (and much cheaper than the ADD bumper. How is the build quality and fitment?

friendshipm

Reaction score
Very nice (and much cheaper than the ADD bumper. How is the build quality and fitment?
All in all, fitment is top notch, it went on extremely east and made for a nice even fit. As for quality, its definitely above stock but I wouldn't storm the capital building with it.

ABEZ20K

Reaction score
Looks great!! excellent Choice. love the Gator. I too have a BTS in Ceramic Gray and installed the Body armor bumper last week on my truck. It is an easy install and fit perfectly. It is an excellent alternative to the ADD stealth at a fraction of the price. i was able to get mine around $700. Got it from American trucks and they price matched another site. There is a matching rear bumper available. The only 2 things that I wish it had is a fitted skidplate and to be winch ready/compatable. I will be modifying another brands skidplate to fit with this bumper. ill post pics later.

Chanyote66

Reaction score
That is nice! I wish they would have included a hidden winch. I'd rather have that than a light bar... or have an option for both? the outer pods, two inner pods, and the fairlead? Id love that!

What's the weight vs stock? I do a lot of inter state towing, last ting I need is a lot of extra LB's cutting into legal payload.

GrayRam20

Reaction score
I've had my eyes on the ADD stealth for months now, this is a great looking bumper. The only thing is how are you guys protecting the axles/front diff./framing? the ADD has that nice shield with it. I live in PA and the rocks here even in the mud can be dangerous and I'm not trying to find out just how bad haha

might have to keep this bumper in the running, fit up my own skid plate and maybe that Hidden winch mount kit that fits Behind the factory bumper would work on this too?? ( just no light bar then)

Attachments

• Front without skid plate.jpg
    Front without skid plate.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Front without lower airdam.jpg
    Front without lower airdam.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 61

Users who are viewing this thread