5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blastin' Bob's Muffler Replacement

chithead

Reaction score
Recently ordered the 1 Chamber Clamp-On Muffler Replacement from Blastin' Bob's:

19-20 Ram 5.7L 1 chamber clamp-on muffler

Wasn't sure which to order, the 2 Chamber versus 1 Chamber muffler - but after listening to some Youtube videos with similar mufflers, decided to order the 1 Chamber. Was pretty confident of their quality, after having their resonator deletes on our 2016 Challenger R/T. This also was spot on perfect. Shipping was pretty quick, took about three days from ordering.

Some unpacking photos:

Installation took a bit longer than I had planned. There were some challenges with the cuts, and those exhaust hangers. Sawzall with metal blade made quick work of the cutting though, once I put the truck on ramps to get enough height for the saw. But those hangers, geez. I could NOT get the factory muffler off for nothing. Ended up cutting the muffler hanger tabs on the muffler side, and pushing them through to remove. So, factory drum finally removed:

Once I had that thing out, the Bob's replacement slid right into place. Well, with the pipe connections. Hangers was a different story. Nothing against the Blastin' Bob's setup, everything was perfectly aligned. Really couldn't ask for a better quality fit and finish. But, getting the hangers onto the tabs... wholly moly. After wrestling one side for 30 minutes, decided that the other red rubber piece had to come off in order to get everything attached properly. And wouldn't you know, a flatbar and rubber mallet took all of five minutes to remove that thing and reinstall. Why hadn't I thought of that an hour ago!!! Again, not Bob's fault. Just a learning curve on my part.

The replacement muffler attached and tightened:

And there she is!!! So, how does it sound...

chithead

Reaction score
I couldn't be much happier.

Well, there was one thing that made me happier. There was this, "chuffing" sound right after installing. It did get better after a day, but was still there. Remembered reading that other members had filled those, "weep" holes on the resonators, so I did that too:

There are two on each end of the resonator. So four per resonator.

So yeah, after THAT... I love it.

https://flic.kr/p/2iTh64n
If anyone is interested in the 2 chamber muffler, it is a bit cheaper (Bob explained to me that the 1 chamber requires more pipe and the bending, which explains the extra cost associated with it versus the 2 chamber):

19-20 Ram 5.7L 2 chamber clamp-on muffler

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have found my magic spot, not sure how it’s going to sound when I strip the interior down for its sound deadening.

Last edited:

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
this looks like a great direct fit exhaust option, and its definitely the cheapest ive seen. looks like a flowmaster 10 series, does it say flowmaster on it? Glad youre happy with it and that theres no leaks

chithead

Reaction score
this looks like a great direct fit exhaust option, and its definitely the cheapest ive seen. looks like a flowmaster 10 series, does it say flowmaster on it? Glad youre happy with it and that theres no leaks

It does not say Flowmaster on the muffler - I see on the Super 10, their name is stamped into it right by the center weld, this one does not have that. But it sure sounds good to me (y)

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just keep an eye on it...it says it's an aluminized muffler and not stainless steel so it will rust out. Had an aluminized muffler (Gibson) in my past on another truck and said never again.

Users who are viewing this thread