5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blacking out Ram Rebel

RamOwner313

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a Ram Rebel on order with my dealer. Only have the vin but no build date or anything yet. It's been 3 weeks. I am wanting to see if anyone has blacked out their Rebel that didn't get the night edition package?

I personally did not add mine because I figured it would be cheaper to do it after but wanted everyones thoughts and if anyone has done that or if I should go back to my dealer and tell him to add it on.

Thanks.

Ulster

Reaction score
MSRP is in the screenshot below, but I got it for $620. This is a modest discount plus the fact that I got G/T package as well which included G/T specific seats, which reduced the overall Night package cost due to the delete of the seats in the package. Not a bad deal for me. And man do I like the G/T seats BTW. I don’t know how good the seats are in the Night package so can’t really advise on the value of the total package. But if you don’t care about seats then probably overkill for you.

Attachments

• 99A17C93-CE46-41EC-86A5-0C768F0E271A.png
    99A17C93-CE46-41EC-86A5-0C768F0E271A.png
    143.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

RamOwner313

Reaction score
MSRP is in the screenshot below, but I got it for $620. Discount plus the fact that I got GT seats which reduced the overall package cost. Not a bad deal for me. And man do I like the GT seats BTW.
What did your sales price come out to be?

Right now I am at 7% under invoice with 58k sales price. It's got the level 2 package, comfort and connivence, and advanced safety. I see yours is basically fully loaded so it's probably a little more than mine lol.

Ulster

Reaction score
What did your sales price come out to be?

Right now I am at 7% under invoice with 58k sales price. It's got the level 2 package, comfort and connivence, and advanced safety. I see yours is basically fully loaded so it's probably a little more than mine lol.
Around $69k. Only about 2% under invoice. You got a pretty good deal and I think it is getting steadily easier to find better deals as the Brandon economy continues to dig in.

jit11375

Reaction score
I got a black GT with night edition, and CGM without. There are nice vinyl overlays (tvd decals if I remember correctly?) for the wheels that work well, and I sprayed the skid plate with bedliner. Side by side can’t tell one wasn’t factory night edition. There’s nothing else added in black with the night edition package

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You'll spend at least $800-900 in aftermarket wheels alone if you go that route. The downside of the night edition is you're stuck with OEM wheel offsets, which typically are not great for getting bigger tires/wider stance.

jit11375

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, front grill ram lettering needs to be swapped as well. I got mine for about 40$.

Agreed, the durability of the overlays is unknown, mine have daily driven 10k over a year and still look good. I do plan on getting aftermarket wheels at some point and keep the stockers as winter wheels.

If I had the option to have factory night edition for a couple hundred more, I would’ve gone that route. But it is possible to get it close enough with a little elbow grease lol.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Doesn’t the night editions come with the darker headlights and taillights. Yep there’s your $2k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jit11375

Reaction score
Doesn’t the night editions come with the darker headlights and taillights. Yep there’s your $2k.

on the rebel with the GT package the headlights and taillights are the same with/without the night edition.

JustARam23

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a Ram Rebel on order with my dealer. Only have the vin but no build date or anything yet. It's been 3 weeks. I am wanting to see if anyone has blacked out their Rebel that didn't get the night edition package?

I personally did not add mine because I figured it would be cheaper to do it after but wanted everyones thoughts and if anyone has done that or if I should go back to my dealer and tell him to add it on.

Thanks.
The badges alone are 80-100 a piece, I would buy it from the dealer of it's an option...

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So basically. If it was me I’d skip unless you plan on keeping the stock rim setup. Besides overlays are cheap plus you really should be mostly debadging it. Skid plate could be removed and either powdercoated or line x’d. Had it not been mentioned that the GT package included the tinted taillights and black reflector leds I would of said that the $2k was worth it for those alone but nope not unless your skipping the GT packaging.

-black badges
-black wheels
-black skid plates

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In '21, the Night Edition was only $500 because it only had 3 options, the black bumper skid plate, black RAM grill letters and the black Rebel wheels. The leather seats came with the Rebel 12 package. I don't understand how manufacturers price option packages when parts overlap between packages.

I've seen some companies charge a price for a package that includes leather, but then have a second option package that also includes leather, but isn't discounted when you opt for both packages. You aren't getting an extra set of leather when you get both packages, so you should get a discount. Ram includes leather with the Night Edition and Rebel 12.

mtnbikej

Reaction score
In '21, the Night Edition was only $500 because it only had 3 options, the black bumper skid plate, black RAM grill letters and the black Rebel wheels. The leather seats came with the Rebel 12 package. I don't understand how manufacturers price option packages when parts overlap between packages.

I've seen some companies charge a price for a package that includes leather, but then have a second option package that also includes leather, but isn't discounted when you opt for both packages. You aren't getting an extra set of leather when you get both packages, so you should get a discount. Ram includes leather with the Night Edition and Rebel 12.

They do discount one of the packages.

My Rebel 12 package was $2995 on the POC, but only $1625 on the Window Sticker.

RamOwner313

Reaction score
The badges alone are 80-100 a piece, I would buy it from the dealer of it's an option...
Yep I think that's what I am going to do. Went to my dealer and they told me they can order the black emblems and skid plate and just add them on for me.

Users who are viewing this thread