5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black center tail light

Cmiller18y

Reaction score
Has anyone tinted or painted the black center piece of these tail lights? Ive attached a photo with it from the rebels and black outs. Thinking about doing it to mine.

Attachments

• CP4I7201.jpg
    CP4I7201.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 141

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine is at my tint guy right now so he can try to tint that portion as the first time he didn’t when he tinted my taillights with film.

Cmiller18y

Reaction score
I’m out of town and I am waiting for him to send me some. I’ll post here when I get them. If he can’t get them like I want them then I’m mailing them to a guy in Cali who does a great job.

Ok thanks!

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Just got pics of my painted tails, I think they look great!
would love to see a 30 sec video of your truck in reverse once you get them back on... i don't care as much for the LED Taillights with all the red, and you have to get a blackout pkg to get them black (or do what you did, and urs look way better! i think the 4th gen LED' tailights were so much better looking...that's prolly the ONLY thing i prefer from 4th Gen to 5th gen design are the taillights : )

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
would love to see a 30 sec video of your truck in reverse once you get them back on... i don't care as much for the LED Taillights with all the red, and you have to get a blackout pkg to get them black (or do what you did, and urs look way better! i think the 4th gen LED' tailights were so much better looking...that's prolly the ONLY thing i prefer from 4th Gen to 5th gen design are the taillights : )
Will do. Since all of the white parts are the parts that light up when you brake and also include the reverse lights there won’t be any change to the amount of light I have when in reverse.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
I had a tint guy try to tint them with film previous to this and I just didn’t like the end result as much as this guys work.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
i get cha, but still, would like to see the still pics once they are on ur truck and also the clip when its in motion (in daylight if possible : ) : )

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Will do. It will be a few days. I mailed them off to get the work done.

Great, can't wait to see them, i watch my truck whenever my husband backs it up and everytime i am like, "got to do something with those"...lol

went to that site but don't see any options for 2019? Did u email him for the request?

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Great, can't wait to see them, i watch my truck whenever my husband backs it up and everytime i am like, "got to do something with those"...lol

went to that site but don't see any options for 2019? Did u email him for the request?
Yes I emailed him about it, then sent him a pic of my tails. I know he just bought a set of the led tails without blind spot monitoring from a guy on this site.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Yes I emailed him about it, then sent him a pic of my tails. I know he just bought a set of the led tails without blind spot monitoring from a guy on this site.

so then do you sell him your takeoffs?! and then i'm confused further because the Limited DOES have Blind spot monitoring, so i don't understand? Are non blind spot & blind spot taillights interchangeable? And what did the guy who sold them to him put in their place? (sorry, i'm not the best at "connecting the dots" : )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread